I've found the the lows and highs on my valveking are starting to sound brittle.I think the whole amp needs revamping.I've put groove tubes but still sounding very brittle. So I figure a speaker swap is in order. I've been looking at eminence legend. Now my combo is rated at 50watts, but I've found I can pick up a 75 watt rated legend for cheaper. Now is it possible for me to use this higher rated speaker with my combo or will it not sound that good ? The speaker looks easy enough to install but im not sure whether to get a tech to do it or not. thnx
oh yeah, it'll be grand. the wattage rating is the amount of watts you can put into the speaker before it blows.

just make sure the impedance matches your VK, and it should be grand.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?