I was wondering.. If you can attach a guitar head, into a combo, but just to use th speakers of the combo, instead of buying a cab?

Cos I don't have the money to buy a cab atm =\

Any ideas of how I can?
taa
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
I searched it, I found nothing, but then my detective skills aren't quite up to scratch
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
ull need to remove the wire that runs to the combo's speaker.
and then run a new wire to the speaker connected to a 1/4" jack on the other side that u can plug into.

the ohms need to match, and the wattage needs to be enought to handle the head.

i have a tutorial all over the place, i guess the search isnt working today. :/

so what amps?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=586889&highlight=head+combo

here i found one i was in. i would have found mine first but i went for coffee.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

How about not attaching the head to anything, but using a headphone instead? Will this work. Cos I have a pretty similar problem too, not having enough money for a cab
Quote by indra13
How about not attaching the head to anything, but using a headphone instead? Will this work. Cos I have a pretty similar problem too, not having enough money for a cab

It's never a good idea to turn a head on without a cab hooked up.
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
erm, currently I have an ashdwon falln angel combo, and I'm getting a peavey 6505+ head, and I'm gonna save up for a proper cab, so untill then Id like to use the combo as a cab =P

&& I'll try && attack a jack onto the speaker... but where would I go about buying one?

thanks =]

also, I need it for band practice with drums, and possibly gigging, although I hope to use someone else cab
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Quote by indra13

NOOO
My friend did it to his new (but used) mint condition JCM800...
That was a sad day...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
you can buy them online 1/4" input/output jack costs about $3. i think MF has them.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by omarrodrigez
It's never a good idea to turn a head on without a cab hooked up.

But it's still alright to attach a headphone once the head is hooked up to a cab? The sound won't come out of the cab? I'm talking about the combo as a cab btw
once you disconnect the speaker from the combo, to use it as a cab, the top controls no longer work.
you dont even plug the combo in.

you are just using its speaker. so plugging headphones into the combo;s headphone jack wont work.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i'd just wait till you can afford a cab, save you the trouble of possibly breaking something. especially if the head is brandnew. last thing i'd want is to destroy it because i didnt have a proper cab yet. maybe find a used cab to save some money.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
Quote by mr_hankey
Use the search, there's a thread on this every other day.

You know, if you'd instead typed in "match the ohms and don't exceed max wattage" It would have been 14 characters shorter.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by TimbreWolf
i'd just wait till you can afford a cab, save you the trouble of possibly breaking something. especially if the head is brandnew. last thing i'd want is to destroy it because i didnt have a proper cab yet. maybe find a used cab to save some money.

actually i did this with a winsor haed and a broken crate combo

just sut the wires that plug into the combos (head) and use the wires to solder on a jack use a drill in the wood part of the jakc to mount on and use like a guitar jack mounting thingy screw it in and bam a cab.....make sure to match your ohms and dont go full blast on your new cab..othere than that you'll be fine
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Short answer: YES!

Long answer: I don't know, can you?

[long answer with sarcasm, short answer stylistically resembling the early work of Robin Williams]
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Sep 11, 2007,