How would a les paul body made out rosewood sound?
Last edited by Dark Aegis at Sep 9, 2007,
PRS did a couple of 513s out of rosewood, and I hear they're nice. But you know how much rosewood you're talking about?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Dark Aegis
How would a les paul body made out rosewood sound?

It would sound rather expensive
IT would be the heaviest guitar known to man.

But if thats your thing.. (having heavy guitars)
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Sure I'll get to play and get a work out at the same time. Its going to be solid rosewood.
Last edited by Dark Aegis at Sep 9, 2007,
I think fender custom made a rosewood telecaster for george harrison back in the beatles days. It'd have a darker tone similar to mahogany, but it'd probably sustain up the butt. But... It's expensive, heavy, and hard to find. I say stick to the tried and true mahogany.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Too late Im having a les paul style guitar made for me and the builder already has everything ready to go.
Get a vintage silver burst paint job on it and I'll envy you so much.

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
Well, since you already have it set up... I would probably recommend that you get a maple cap for it. Just to balance out the highs and lows a bit.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i think its gonna sound pretty dark and deep. not to mention the weight. but i personally like heavy guitars and think thats a plus.
It's gonna be heavy, and probably really warm sounding. Semi-hollow might be the way to go.
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
1. Fender do make rosewood Teles. The new japanese ones are just rosewood veneer on a basswood body though. The old japanese ones were a rosewood sandwich of sorts made from about 5-10 pieces.

2. If you paint over the rosewood you are a complete moron. Just leave it natural. Maybe get some old-school hotrod pinstriping if you must have paint on it. That would look sexy.

3. Make the whole neck out of rosewood too or it will probably look silly.

4. Post pics when it's done and how much is it costing????
Quote by Salvial
Get a vintage silver burst paint job on it and I'll envy you so much.

what kind of monster are u painting rosewood

but itd sound nice and would have some well a ****load of sustain u gonna make it neck thru set or bolt on cuz that may matter weight wise......

btw esp made some nice f series guitars outta rosewood couldnt afford one in my wildest dreams but twas a nice guitar
Wise choice, my friend
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Make a rosewood neck and fingerboard. I saw a PRS with a rosewood neck and it was the most sexy thing I've seen! If you have enough for a roswewood body, you have enough to make the neck a neck-through, yes? you should do that. And you say its a LP, are you gonna carve the top cuz that would do some pretty things to the grain! Good luck and please post pics!