Okay i have a 6505 but as everyone knows its unversatile. i was considering getting a laney for the crunch and cleans and keep the 6505 for brutal metal and get 2 2x12 cabs

Should i do this or go for a single recto/engl powerball/peavey jsx etc??

I play everything from folk,jazz to death metal
i like the peavy jsx the clean is really great on that
I'm not cool enough to have a sig...
where are you? that'll affect relative prices a lot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i live in scotland.

i would need two cabs because i want to run them together live to laney cleans and crunch and peavey high gain

a stereo marshall av wouldnt cope with one 120 watt amp and a 50 watt
i wouldn't really bother with a mesa or peavey then, in that case. you can get better for less, IMO, in the UK. koch, engl, cornford, etc., etc., etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wouldn't really bother with a mesa or peavey then, in that case. you can get better for less, IMO, in the UK. koch, engl, cornford, etc., etc., etc.

i thought you played a 6505? i looked up koch and cornford couldnt see them for sale anywhere..which models will do brutal gain classic crunch and chumey cleans?. I heard the engl wasnt versatile enough to do the classic gain
Quote by GtrCzarIII
i thought you played a 6505? i looked up koch and cornford couldnt see them for sale anywhere..which models will do brutal gain classic crunch and chumey cleans?. I heard the engl wasnt versatile enough to do the classic gain

me? no, i have an engl savage se.

engl are generally more geared towards the higher gain stuff, though some models will do classic gain than others. I bought mine because i wanted an extremely versatile amp, with the ability to get to modern metal too.

if you want versatility, i'd look at the blackmore, maybe savage and invader. i haven't tried the invader, though, and i'm judging the savage on my savage se. the blackmore will have less chimey cleans than, say, a powerball, but it'll do the mid gain crunch a lot better IMO.

and yeah, i kind of considered scotland the uk, but you're right, they might be hard to find up there.

how much money are you talking?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
me? no, i have an engl savage se.

engl are generally more geared towards the higher gain stuff, though some models will do classic gain than others. I bought mine because i wanted an extremely versatile amp, with the ability to get to modern metal too.

if you want versatility, i'd look at the blackmore, maybe savage and invader. i haven't tried the invader, though, and i'm judging the savage on my savage se. the blackmore will have less chimey cleans than, say, a powerball, but it'll do the mid gain crunch a lot better IMO.

and yeah, i kind of considered scotland the uk, but you're right, they might be hard to find up there.

how much money are you talking?

well no more than £1300. The cornford hellcat looks interesting but i aint heard it. i dont need the volume just need complete versatility. The guitar mag guys seem to rave about the mk50 but its not got a 'metal' channel.
yeah. i assume that £1300 is just for the head, right?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Hellcat head is £1300, combo £2000.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah. i assume that £1300 is just for the head, right?

yeah i have a 4x12 with v30s. i heard some demos on ebay. but they dont sound infinately amazing for that money. mght just go with a power and pre amp setup
^^ the hellcat head is £1700, i think. the mk50 head is £1400 or so.

It's really up to you. I'd definitely consider engl, and depending on what you can find where you are, laney, marshall jvm, etc. problem is the versatility- there are plenty of good-sounding heads for £1300, but there aren't all that many really versatile ones, and i know that scotland probably isn't the best place for gear. if you're anywhere near glasgow or edinburgh, though, guitar guitar would be worth a look, they have some really nice stuff, engl, bogner, laney, vht, mesa, etc. sound control is always worth a try too, though it'll tend to have more "mainstream" stuff.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?