is it possible?

It's not something I'd do myself, unless its something that somebody with intermediate soldering & electronics experience can do.

I mainly want to know if it's possible to see if its worth taking my amp with me to the tech in a few hours.
Right now there should be two connections between the preamp and the poweramp: the effects loop and another internal connection. AFAIK, it's just a matter of cutting that internal connection. If you could show me a schematic of your amp, I could give you a better answer.
umm, its a DSL 401. Just got it for a present today, and I don't like the sound of my pedals in the loop, and I saw a few reviews saying it'd be better with a series loop.
Quote by Cofflecakes
umm, its a DSL 401. Just got it for a present today, and I don't like the sound of my pedals in the loop, and I saw a few reviews saying it'd be better with a series loop.

That's not necessarily true. I'd play around a bit with what order you're placing your effects in and if putting them before the pre-amp improves how they sound to you.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."