Page 1 of 2
Imagine an alien comes to Earth, right, and you've got to show him one piece of music so he can understand what our earthly music is about

WHAT WOULD YOU PLAY HIM?!

../her/it
well if i were to play him one thing that reflect the world today..... it would be some emo crap like fall out boy, despite the fact that listening to them would probably melt my ears right off
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
unfortunatly dude it would be some crappy pre made girl/boy band crap
why be clever when you can be accurate eh
pokemon theme song
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
i wouldnt play music i would play something that would brainwash the alien and then id sell him to the government
Stairway to Heaven...

Rolf Harris style. Wobble board madness!
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
i wouldnt play music i would play something that would brainwash the alien and then id sell him to the government

something like 'my humps mu humps my lovely lady lumps'
Can anyone recall the music that was sent with the Voyager probe? I think it was Bach but I'm not sure and am far to lazy to use this Google thing the kids are all raving about.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
the chicken dance.

W

(this is pointless, it's very unlikely that there is something like an alien, and it would be even stranger if it would speak a language of this earth^^)

W again
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
probably "the human stain" by kamelot, since its about life. but if i were going to show him what most music like is today, i'd probably play him rap.
PWning N00bs Today!
Welcome to the Jungle.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
wasnt dark was the night cold was the ground by blind willie johnson sent up in a probe or something

i think something like that would be my choice - simple and powerful
a medley of every song in the world, until one of us dies, and i'm on my planet, so i'm used to the atmosphere...
It's impossible to sum up all of Earth's music with one song. I suppose a song like that could be written but right now there is not a song that I know of that could sum up everything. You'd have to show him at least 50 songs.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
It's impossible to sum up all of Earth's music with one song. I suppose a song like that could be written but right now there is not a song that I know of that could sum up everything. You'd have to show him at least 50 songs.

It's not as much about summing up music as pointing out the beauty of it.
Gaybar, Gaybar, Gaybar!
Quote by bpf3991
im paranoid of my keyboard now...little men are watching me
I'd play them Corridor of Chameleons by Meshuggah and let them vaporise me for attacking them with crazy time signatures. It would be a cool way to go.

But seriously, Bohemian Rhapsody.
Quote by JamieB
Canon Rock

damn right

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

I hate everyone - Chimaira

hopefully then it'll realize it should leave as far away as possible.
A medley of every song in exsistence.

Z-edit:
Quote by The Eyebrow
a medley of every song in the world, until one of us dies, and i'm on my planet, so i'm used to the atmosphere...

Beaten to it..
Well that British space probe that was supposed to land on Mars was going to broadcast a blur track once it landed. But it crashed, so it never did.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/12/28/1072546396794.html?from=storyrhs

If anyone can point me towards the track that'd be cool, I've never heard it.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Chocolate Rain
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM, badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM, badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM
Page 1 of 2