Page 1 of 3
I'm re-reading them again and i was wondering if any one here has read them.

If so what did you think of them?
wat is it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
defiantly an amazing series, Phillip Pullman writes excellent books

Although why are they calling "The Northen lights" move "The golden compass" thats not the right name!
Quote by Rocking-Rob

Although why are they calling "The Northen lights" move "The golden compass" thats not the right name!

The Armoured bear (Iorek) looks amazing on the poster though.

I've read the books through about 8 times. Still find the ending of the Amber Spyglass sad though..
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
I loved them. The Amber Spyglass was the best one. I felt like crying when I read that
As if Daniel Craig is going to play Lord Asriel!
Yeah, I read them ages ago now, and re-read them fairly recently. They're easily the best books i've ever read, and i've read a hell of a lot of books.
I'm fairly interested in the film, though what little i've seen of it doesn't look like it'll be able to do the books justice.
This relatively blank space indicates my failure to find or come up with an amusing comment or statement.
There complete $hit, theyre the only books that i fell asleep in class reading.We read the play,and when the first part (the northern lights) finished,i finished with the book and refused to read it :P
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by Jakeylee111
The Armoured bear (Iorek) looks amazing on the poster though.

I've read the books through about 8 times. Still find the ending of the Amber Spyglass sad though..

Me too. I always cry at the end.
can someone explain what they're about to me? basic idea is fine, you dont have to write like a 3 page synopsis about it lol
Fantastically written, whilst they are said to be kids books they just blew me away. I read them right after reading the Da Vinci code, if any one thinks that is a good book I suggest you compare and contrast, Pullman is an amazing writer, simple language without being the slightest bit patronising and a mind blowing story. They are my favourite books of the last ten years, although they are facing some heavy competition from Iain M Banks (my favourite writer)
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
I read them a while back and was rather confused as to everything that happened. I should get around to rereading them sometime.
Quote by droog4life
can someone explain what they're about to me? basic idea is fine, you dont have to write like a 3 page synopsis about it lol

Basically, it's set (initially) in a parallel earth where the 'Church' has something approaching absolute power. They are experimenting on kids to try to overcome the sticky problem of original sin, the main protagonists father wants to defeat God for the benefit of mankind and everyone in the initial earth has a daemon which represents facets of their personality.

Written like that it sounds like bollocks, but it really is brilliant
3 of my 4 favorite books of all time

sheer brilliance
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I absolutely love those books. I can't find the first and third book though, I think I lost them. I'll have to buy them again and re read them.
Epic books i have just re-read them to. Can't wait for the films, i hope they make all of them, altho the guy playing Lord Asriel wouldn't have been my first pick.
Quote by Rocking-Rob

It's the name in America, and since the movie is being made here, they chose "The Golden Compass".
I read them when I was younger... loved the first two but couldn't get into the third. Then about 6 months ago I read them all again... absolutely amazing story

great books

EDIT : except it REALLY makes me want to have a daemon
Originally Posted by filthandfury

haha

I congratulate you good sir on being EPIC.
Best books I've ever read, I first read them when I was about 13 then reread them this holiday (I'm 16 now) they're still my favourite series of books ever. In my opinion more deserving of praise than Harry Potter, truly great.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by blackflag49
That sounds pretty lame

Yeah, that's why I'm not a writer, give it a go though you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Quote by blackflag49
That sounds pretty lame

The books are kind of hard to describe in one paragraph

There's so much in them and lots of hidden meanings and philosophy.

His Dark Materials > Lord of The Rings
Quote by Donaldguitar
His Dark Materials > Lord of The Rings

+187523723552q567235

I read all of the bloody Lord of The Rings (yes that's right they were books before films) and bloody hell I was not impressed. Sure it's a great, (although predictable) story but god, there's so much rambling extra useless information, it's so so heavy.
Quote by Cal UK
+187523723552q567235

I read all of the bloody Lord of The Rings (yes that's right they were books before films) and bloody hell I was not impressed. Sure it's a great, (although predictable) story but god, there's so much rambling extra useless information, it's so so heavy.

I know it's just generic Good vs Evil crap.
Oh god, yes. Owns the Harry Potter series by far. The Golden Compass was my favorite.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I can't wait until the film. And the website says my daemon is a fox
Originally Posted by filthandfury

haha

I congratulate you good sir on being EPIC.
I think they're brilliant.. I really like Phil Pullman. Genius series.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Mine's a spider...that's odd, because I'm a mild arachnophobe.

Mine's a Peacock
Where's the website where you find your daemon?
armoured bears ftw.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
whoop I have a hare deamon called clymonistra.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
my deamon is hypatia the ermine
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Page 1 of 3