i'm having trouble tuning my guitar to this tuning: A#-F-A#-D#-G-C. i'm using a korg ca-30 chromatic tuner and i cant even find an A# or D#. and just to make sure, the first A# is the thickest string right?
Listen to CKY.
Should be.
Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue -> Korg Pitchblack Tuner -> Boss PS-5 -> EHX Big Muff -> MXR EVH Phase 90 -> Menatone Pleasure Trem 5000 -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> MXR Carbon Copy -> Boss RC-2 -> Peavey Classic 50
Yes the first A# is the thickest string.

damn you tune low.

Btw, there is an easier way to tune to that. think of it as this instead:

Bb, F, Bb, Eb, G, C

You see, A# and Bb are the same note. which is why you cannot find A# or D# on your tuner. They are the same as Bb and Eb.

But I will say this much, unless your sporting .53-.10 guage strings or thicker, your tone will be crap. Too loose on the strings.
Quote by fire within
rblotnicky- you are one of the best posters for the sex threads and the one who gets most fun

but jeezo

Quote by P. Townshend
rblotnicky...you are my god
make sure the calibration on the tuner is at 440, if its not then thats why your having problems
aye ^ he took the words out of my mouth there before i could say em.
Quote by fire within
rblotnicky- you are one of the best posters for the sex threads and the one who gets most fun

but jeezo

Quote by P. Townshend
ok. it will be loose, but you should still get some tone out of it tuned that low. but i would definately recommend that if you are going to stay tuned that low, then buy some thicker strings. It will make it harder to play fast (until your wrist and hands get used to the strings) but your tone will cut through at that tuning much easier with more tension in the strings.

but yeah, good luck.
Quote by fire within

but jeezo

Quote by P. Townshend
Ah, someones trying to play heavy metal.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
Quote by Red989
Ah, someones trying to play heavy metal.

What Heavy Metal band with half an ounce of dignity would tune that low?

That's Brootal Metulz for ya.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.