i was wondering if anybody has read a book on the history of metal, or a book about a metal head, and if so wat it was called and if it was good
this year for my book reports i'd like to read metal books instead of like random tom clancy or otehr war books
if i should take this tot he pit instead just tell me and i'll delete the thread, just figured it was more fitting here
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
there was that thing on vh1........its not a book..... but who likes reading anyways?
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by Mr. President
Sound of the Beast by Ian Christie is a great starting point for beginners.

I just recently read that. Great book
You can read Lords of Chaos, it's about the norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s with the church burnings and stuff.
I haven't read it myself but it's supposed to be good.
thx, any more suggestions? and i'm not readin to get into metal, i'm a metal head but just want some books about metal instead of crap i'm not into
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by Guitarmike123
You can read Lords of Chaos, it's about the norwegian black metal scene in the early 90s with the church burnings and stuff.
I haven't read it myself but it's supposed to be good.

I second that, really good book. Don't bother with the Death/ Grind history, it's not as good. It's rather boring in comparison to: flame to Church, guy laughs, guitarist stabs and kills singer, then says he regrets nothing as he goes to jail.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
thx for the help guys
Gear:
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by rage6945
there was that thing on vh1........its not a book..... but who likes reading anyways?

That ****ing sucked. It was horrible. A Headbangers Journey is a way better documentary.

There is also a book called The Enyclopedia of Heavy Metal that my friend has, but it is not up to date by a couple of years, but it still has a lot of information and has tons of bands in it.
Quote by IronMaiden5
That ****ing sucked. It was horrible. A Headbangers Journey is a way better documentary.

There is also a book called The Enyclopedia of Heavy Metal that my friend has, but it is not up to date by a couple of years, but it still has a lot of information and has tons of bands in it.
Lol, dude, you stole BOTH my recommendations right out of my mind.
What about the Book of Heavy Metal?

It contains the fabled recipe for 'The Grim Potion'. Rumor has it that, one sip of this potion turns you into a pretentious Xasthur fan.

Dream Evil wrote a song about that book, it s the closest thing we have to understanding it.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by IronMaiden5

A Headbanger's Journey was on VH1.
The Bible.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Scourge441
A Headbanger's Journey was on VH1.

But Vh1 didn't make it. I'm talking about the one Vh1 made a called Heavy: The Story of Metal or something like that.
The Vh1 documentary does suck ass. They didnt even mention black or death metal. They talked about thrash for ten minutes, they mentioned the big 4 and the only thrash band they actually talked about was Metallica. Most of the documentary was about glam, which isnt even metal. Then they talked about "modern metal" and it was about nu-metal and Marilyn Manson.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Bang Your Head! by David Konow is a good history of metal up to about the thrash and glam period, and although it's not technically about metal, Nikki Sixx's "The Heroin Diaries" Is by far the best bio I've ever read.
Dickless.