Im just getting into effects. What kind of effect processers or pedals are used to create ambient sounds similer to what the mars volta, muse and other bands use between songs. Example sounds like birds chirping, rain falling etc.
Im talking through the guitar not on a keyboard.

Im getting bored with phaser, flang, deley all of thouse basic effects
thanks
Your not going to get a pedal that simulates birds chirping, they dont exist.

get a cd player and get a cd with the **** on it, then play it betwen songs?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Dan is right. You're not going to get those sounds out of a guitar.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Thats either coming from the keyboard, or its being played from the soundboard (i did a show a few weeks back where the band i was mixing had me play an intro, they just feed it through the board).
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
I don't think thats a pedal, hes probably running it through some synthy stuff. Maybe do the bellamy thing and get a kaoss pad and fix the controller to your guitar. You'd probably get something equally is wowing.
Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler
ADA Flanger
ADA Final Phase
Prescription Electronics Experience
BOSS Hr-2 harmonist
Ibanez DE7 Delay
MXR Phase 90
Danelectro French Toast Fuzz-Octave
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Ibanez SB7 Bass Synthesizer
Line 6 FM4 Filter Modeler
Digitech Whammy IV
Electro-Harmonix Small Stone
Mutron III
Dunlop 105Q Crybaby Bass Wah
Ibanez PM7 Phase Modulator
Maestro Phase Shifter PS-1A
Electro-Harmonix Poly Chorus
Moogerfooger Ring Modulator
Electro-Harmonix Memory Man Deluxe
BOSS DD-6 (Omar's pedal has the name taped over)
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS TU-2 tuner
Koolus Modulator (Live 2007)
Digitech Synth Wah
Xotic Robotalk
MXR Micro Amp
Line 6 MM4 Modulation Modeler
Doepfer A-100 Modular Synthesizer Units
Zvex Super Hard-On (SHO)
MXR Stereo Chorus
Guyatone MD-3 Digital Delay
Electro-Harmonix Frequency Analyzer
Digitech Multi Chorus
Maxon Rotary Phaser
Korg KP3 Kaoss Pad
Line 6 DM4 Distortion Modeler

Here's omars rig. Take your pick.
what is that pedal that can make the guitar sound like a violin and sax and ****? was that korg? it is like $600 US dollars
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
^ yeah i have seen that before. I have a hard time beleving he uses all of thouse effects though haha
Im looking for just something really differnt, that will make people say wtf was that.

i was thinking about a kaoss pad, but would like to try it out first. The two music stores close to be dont have it in stock though
There are many ways you can emulate those things on guitar without any effects. Listen to "Night Bird Flying" by Jimi Hendrix, I'm not sure what he did (probably used a slide), but it sounded pretty close.

I would suggest getting a slide and messing around with that, I've been able to emulate many things with them.

EDIT: As far as effects go, you can get a DigiTech Whammy and a Boss DD-6 too. I'm sure they can help you get some rain forest sounds.
Last edited by Blash at Sep 9, 2007,
Yup, you're over-complicating the issue...if you want ranforest sounds then just get a sample of rainforest sounds. Admittedly if you wanted to be really clever you could have it set up so you could trigger the sample from the guitar, but at the end of the day it's still just a recording of rainforest sounds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
A lot of what Omar does is genius. He puts a lot of ambient noise in the right places, but it is pretty easy for me to see how he uses all of those effects.

Another reason, they used to (I would guess they still do) have a sound manipulator who would run the guitar and vocals and mess with it before hitting the PA.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi