I am going to buy a new guitar soon, to replace my fender squire strat (its cheap) but i have been playing it for 3 years, and i have gotten used to the narrow fretboard and the small spaces between strings. I was wondering how long it will take to get comfortable with a different fretboard. Also, are there any guitars with narrow fretboards? I was thinking of getting a Godin detour by the way.
ibanez has really nice necks widths i find, so does jackson, i hate teh wide gibby/epis
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
ibanez had some thin necks, but it shouldn't take long to get used to a new guitar
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
i used to play squier mini then got an ibanez s520ex. didnt take me very long to get used to the regular sized fretboard. i thought i could still use my old guitar to practice songs in different tunings (the ibanez has locking tuners) but i found it a lot harder to go back to playing on the smaller guitar then getting used to the bigger one.
Narrow. As in small nut width. My Squier had 41mm. Fenders tend to have 42mm. Gibsons tend to have 43mm. That 1mm makes a big difference... You have to try them out to see if you like 'em.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It shouldn't take that long,
if your like me and when you get something new play the hell out of it,
you get used to it pretty quick
the godin is a guality guitar, but the finger board is ratherwide... but honestly you learn to adapt to these smasll nuances after a while...

in a single day i can play my, epi, jom acoustic, and my bass without really noticing the switch form width to width... once you get comfortable with your playing, those small things dont make a difference
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by latinosuperstud
the godin is a guality guitar, but the finger board is ratherwide... but honestly you learn to adapt to these smasll nuances after a while...

in a single day i can play my, epi, jom acoustic, and my bass without really noticing the switch form width to width... once you get comfortable with your playing, those small things dont make a difference

Exactly thats exactly what I did today.. with my equipment.
Not yours
^ im watching you *squinty death stare*
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
shudnt take more than a few days
ಠ_ಠ
<|>