Does any one own this moduler? And if so, how do you get a good distorted sound out of this thing?!!?

I can get a good clean channel and all of the effects are pretty straight forward, but when I choose an amp simulation all i get is muddy or over the top distortion.

The best I've gotten is too set the gain up in the "Drive" simulation but that sounds way too grungy. Something thats warm and a little crunchy would be awesome. Thanks.
Your saying theres too much gain right? Are you looking for just a little bit of rock/bluesy overdrive?
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
there really isnt a good way. if your using it with a real amp, its going to sound that way. if your using it for recording with pro tools. you have to eq and compress the hell out of it in order for it to not sound like an assload of fuzz
Is it tube or ss, because if you just want a little crunch, you could put it on clean, or if there is any other clean channels, just push the gain all the way, and put the volume up a tad, it will give you what your looking for, but if its SS I dont know why you bought it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
keep your amp on clean at all times, using v-amp 2 (which is actually a very decent modeller) over the distortion channel will result in stupidly high gain and loads of feedback
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by ericgentz
Is it tube or ss, because if you just want a little crunch, you could put it on clean, or if there is any other clean channels, just push the gain all the way, and put the volume up a tad, it will give you what your looking for, but if its SS I dont know why you bought it.

to make the SS sound better? same reason any beginner buys an amp modelling pedal.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
It's never really fuzzy. It's just really nasty, Half full, sounds.

I can sort of get a good over drive, but I don't play classic rock or blues, so its not of much use to me.

I think I would have to mess with it for hours to get it right.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
to make the SS sound better? same reason any beginner buys an amp modelling pedal.

Its a solid state, but a weird Yamaha from the late '70s. It really sounds amazing on its own. Both its clean and distorted channels are great. And I always keep it on the clean channel, with light reverb, treble @ 7, bass and mid @ 5, every other setting is just pretty standard.
If you're using it live be sure that you are in live mode with the speaker simulator off.