Right, I'm looking for new pickups to my Cort LP-clone. I play music like Nirvana, Led Zeppelin and Metallica. So I'm looking for 2 humbuckers, any ideas?
Emg
"A little word for my enemies and fortune seekers -
go fuck your Jesus..... he likes it up the ass!!"
Glen Benton
JB-Jazz from Duncan. Or a JB-'59. If u want more power, an Invader and a PAF pro might work.
Price range would be something like 80 e - 120 euros per pickup.
Amp? As in using, what are you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I got bored typing them in the same order over and over
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Lol . I've been looking for new amp too, so I can't say which amp am I going to play with. ATM I have Prelude LA20R, 45 watts.
Quote by qotsa1998
JB-Jazz from Duncan. Or a JB-'59. If u want more power, an Invader and a PAF pro might work.

I have a 59 and a SH-4 JB in my ESP and I love them to bits, the 59 is a fantastic pickup.
Quote by andios
Lol . I've been looking for new amp too, so I can't say which amp am I going to play with. ATM I have Prelude LA20R, 45 watts.

I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

YOu should really get the new amp first as that's going to be the major contributory factor to your tone. Once you have it you'll be in a position to assess your tone and see what exactly it is you need/want to change about it, if anything.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

That's so true, my amp sucks. I'm going to buy new amp, as I said before. Lol, laser ...
You just know that's what you're going to start calling it know

"Yeah,my amp is cool...it's a Prelude Lasor, yah...it's 1337"
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Haha, I laughed my ass off
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
I tried VOX AD50 or something, valvetronix, at my friends place and I liked it lot. Im not sure yet which I'm going to buy.
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!
So, going to buy VOX AD50 blaablaa Valvetornix -thingy. So, can I stuck both EMG and Seymour Duncan in same guitar. You know, is that ethically allright. Going to buy pickups from Rockinringer, so which models would be enjoyable?

ninjaedit
btw why there's battery-clip in EMG's pickups? Can I use EMG's without batteries?
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!
Last edited by andios at Sep 11, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Don't bother with EMGs with that amp. Not that the AD50VT isn't a good amp...but the Active EMGs don't drive that preamp like they'd drive a tube amp.

The good EMGs are active pickups. They need batteries. The passive EMGs are rubbish.

*nods in massive agreement* Lol don't buy passive emgs they are weak. I used a pair in my buddys guitar.... It was a nice guitar if it wasn't for emg passives. Actives are where it's at for EMG
Right, I bought Fender Deluxe 85 w. Should I now think about new pickups?
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!
I'm not completly sure yet, has pickups anything to do with sustain?
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!
What Cort? I have the Cort M520 and it makes my Epi VJ chime like a bell.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I don't know . It's just standart Les Paul copy, you know not any metalthingy. Just les paul. I haven't found anything about it on the internets or so :P .
Quote by steven seagull

Check out my band!