Hey guys over the summer I acquired a Peavey Windsor from Guitar Center and I play it alot. Lately though, the power has been dying and when I have the volume all the way up, it is still very soft. I really want to say it's just the tubes dying but I don't know as much about them as otghers so I was just wondering if it's a common thing like that or if it could be something far worse.
It's quite possible that the power tubes are dying, they shouldn't be though. It should still be under warranty (hopefully), so I'd take it back if I were you before letting it get worse.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Stop playing it and take it back, you'll only make it worse, possibly frying something else along with whatever is already screwed up.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by SlinkyMcdougall
Hey guys over the summer I acquired a Peavey Windsor from Guitar Center and I play it alot. Lately though, the power has been dying and when I have the volume all the way up, it is still very soft. I really want to say it's just the tubes dying but I don't know as much about them as otghers so I was just wondering if it's a common thing like that or if it could be something far worse.

have you been driving that hard(on ten) since youve got it....because if so than you most likely did burn through the power tubes... dont use it so often on ten because those tubes do get quite expensive
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
If a channel dies, it's a preamp tube problem, if your gain feels drastically less than before it's a preamp problem, if you're lacking power, or blow a fuse, it's a power tube problem. Take it back if you have a warranty otherwise you're going to be spending about $80 on a set of 4 power tubes.

You only need the volume a little past halfway to get tube saturation at it's finest. If you're really that distortion hungry invest in an OD pedal.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio