Page 1 of 3
I'm from America. I'm thinking about skipping college or just going for a year or two and then heading England to live. And I was wondering, how are jobs there? I mean like wages, hours, and availability.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
depends really, on where you are thinking of living.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Yeah I was also wondering about an area to live. Not too costly, but near a city. I don't know what kind of job. Probably whatever there is.
"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there . ."
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
You'll have to compete with the poles.

Working abroad is complex if you don't have any qualifications. You'll need a working visa, which is very hard to get hold of if your not in an industry where we have a shortage of staff.
yo could always bake crumpets and scones for some guy name Jim who talks constantly about how the bloody yank warmongers won't leave the bullocks in the middle east alone and how he only wishes he could have teeth like austin powers.
This is Bob. Bob likes sharp things. Bob likes you. I suggest you run from Bob.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.
If your ethnic, you shouldn't have a problem. Hell, they even give you a house, a car, a phone, £1000 cash and further £500 a month just to watch telly! its great!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
chimney sweep?
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by minibrowny
One does not simply into British employment.

Fail? Lol

Depends where and what really.
Quote by nick dixon
If your ethnic, you shouldn't have a problem. Hell, they even give you a house, a car, a phone, £1000 cash and further £500 a month just to watch telly! its great!

That's the true spirit of England! ..............
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
chimney sweep?

those are all taken
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
I'm caucasian, so I don't think I'll get an ethnic break.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Quote by HardAsButter
yo could always bake crumpets and scones for some guy name Jim who talks constantly about how the bloody yank warmongers won't leave the bullocks in the middle east alone and how he only wishes he could have teeth like austin powers.

For teh lulz!
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

Quote by nick dixon

Lmfao! And looking the conversion rates and how cheap america is compared - Youll be loaded!

If your trained in say plumbing or something what we need Eg Dentists, Doctors Teachers youll get it no problem. I doubt you are so it may be abit harder
Quote by nick dixon

i bet allot of people are looking at this like "yea right"
this is serious
people come here and live off the tax we pay its disgusting
I speak Spanish alright so maybe I could do something with that
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Quote by HardAsButter

Nice effort.

Come to the UK. I will welcome you, UREH style.
Quote by ctb
21st Century England = Epic Fail

Yeah but your from Hertfordshire... Leafy, leafy pretentious Hertz.

Or maybe a city job like a garbageman or bus driver. I just feel like the US has nothing to offer me. If England is an Epic Fail ,then I hate to think what the US is.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
well, if you wanna do labouring, then you'll have to GRAFT.
seriously, the poles have the all the manual labour in england locked down because they work hard for **** all money.

if you wanna move near a city, dont bother with london unless you know you have a job. the cost of living will cripple you and you wont be able to get a house on anything other than the ****tiest estates.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Not so great Britian really. It's sad.

... by the way, free NHS treatments for them, food grants, child care, child support, child benefit, housing benefit, tax credits etc, civil rights, top of housing list in any senario
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon

Umm...uhhh.....THE UNITED STATES ISSUES AN APOLOGY FOR THE REVOLUTION

Please let me in

Quote by real6
I just feel like the US has nothing to offer me.
Same here

Oh, and by "poles", are you talking about the mentally-incapacitated? Cause we have the same problem here...
Quote by thewho65
Umm...uhhh.....THE UNITED STATES ISSUES AN APOLOGY FOR THE REVOLUTION

Please let me in

Same here

Don't come here, your about 70 years too late
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
So Poles are to English as Mexicans are to Americans?
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
If you can speak Spanish you'd have more luck working somewhere with tourists, like Spain. If you're look for full-time employment while living here it'll be difficult for you.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by real6
So Poles are to English as Mexicans are to Americans?

more like as cow to grass, or robber to bank
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
Don't come here, your about 70 years too late

Dammit, the whole world's falling apart. I guess I'll wait for ultimate Armageddon in Pennsylvania :shudders:

I see employment in the US getting more difficult, and I just want to get out of here for a little while
Quote by Jackolas
Yeah but your from Hertfordshire... Leafy, leafy pretentious Hertz.

Quote by real6
I just feel like the US has nothing to offer me.

Funny, that's the same with me, except with the UK! Jobs here are like rocking horse shit, and once you've got one you're taxed into the ground, and prices are sickeningly high compared to the US and Europe anyhow.

If England is an Epic Fail ,then I hate to think what the US is.

You've got it easier than you think.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Despite all of the despair in the English work system I still want to go and there must be something
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
just remember £1 = $2 or so

and work is easy to get about spring and about now with the minimum wage for 18+ about £5.40 or something (over $10)

Britain is just a less hyped less obese and less ignorant version of america (BUT WE WERE HERE FIRST :p)G'Night
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by MightyAl
Get a job with one of those ninja car-clamping firms.

LOL
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
$10! Here it's around $6 now.
The Grapes of Wrath

RIP Ingmar Bergman
Quote by nathhan
Lmfao! And looking the conversion rates and how cheap america is compared - Youll be loaded!

If your trained in say plumbing or something what we need Eg Dentists, Doctors Teachers youll get it no problem. I doubt you are so it may be abit harder

Professional Chav beater, perhaps?
Quote by real6
Despite all of the despair in the English work system I still want to go and there must be something

Something like 350,000 brits emigrated last year. Does that not tell you anything?
i think that you could be a Bobby. they get to stand around all day and never do anything except stand still and breathe on occasion. and they get harrassed by americans who are visiting just see what all the hubbub is about those damn crumpets. how bout pie and chips. and that gecko is awsome.
This is Bob. Bob likes sharp things. Bob likes you. I suggest you run from Bob.

I wish my grass was Emo so it would cut itself.
Page 1 of 3