im new to acoustic and im looking for some artists/bands that are acoustic. Im talking about like new people such as the scene aesthetic and making april. So like pop acoustic artists and bands. Thanks so much guys.
Hmm there's always the classics (Dylan, Beatles) but there are loads of newer 'indie' bands that have acoustic songs...

Newton Faulkner is good though deffinatly check him out.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
TENACIOUS D!! well, most of it is acoustic. other than that, you're best sticking to dylan, johnny cash, the beatles
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92
other than that, you're best sticking to dylan, johnny cash, the beatles

Thats like saying the only "electric" music you should listen to is ... psh, I don't even know! Limiting yourself to those three musicians/groups (although they are great) is extremely narrow.

Who to play? It all depends what you're into. Some acoustic blues guitarists are really good and lots of fun to play. They're hard to find tabs for. Check out Keb Mo' and Taj Mahal. Eric Clapton's Unplugged album also has a lot of blues songs, and they're all done with an acoustic. Some Tom Waits songs sound beautiful with just an acoustic guitar - check out Grapefruit Moon and Semi Suite.

A little more advanced? Look into Tommy Emmanuel, Leo Kottke, and Peppino D'Augustine. I like all three, especially Kottke. Neil Young songs are great (and usually simple) sounding. Elliott Smith writes some hauntingly beautiful songs, definitely check him out. His newest album (the second released after his death) is very good. Both discs, actually. Uhmm .. Nick Drake? He plays some odd tunings but man, one helluva fingerpicker. Again, his songs are beautiful - very dark, very depressing, but absolutely beautiful.

Some newer artists? Jack Johnson and Damien Rice - both are poppy. Brett Denner is also pretty new. He plays folkish pop music. Lotsa stuff out there - old and new.
Bands/artists that come to mind when u say 'pop acoustic' include: Dashboard Confessional, Secondhand Serenade, Jack Johnson, Dave Melillo, John Mayer and to a lesser extent, Dave Matthews.
Last edited by tom183 at Sep 11, 2007,
Dave Matthew's Band

Jason Mraz

kinda not sure... but they play pop acoustic
Quote by Herr Jones
Thats like saying the only "electric" music you should listen to is ... psh, I don't even know! Limiting yourself to those three musicians/groups (although they are great) is extremely narrow.

well in all fairness, i was hardly going to list ALL the acoustic artists i know. so just the first few that came to mind!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG