So I have around $2000 or possibly a little bit more to drop on a new amplifier. It has to be professional quality, and it has to have A LOT of definition with distortion. I have been using a B-52 AT-100 and a lot of times live, the subtleties in the guitar riffs can't be picked up. I don't even use that much distortion, just a moderate amount. So I've been thinking of maybe an Orange, a Mesa Boogie... anybody have any suggestions? The music type is progressive rock/post-hardcore/indie, kinda hard to explain, but there is a link in my sig to my band's stuff.

Thanks
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
If you've got that much, you sould go to loads of shops and try everything good they've got.
Obviously it's good to know what'll suit you though. Look into Orange Rockerverbs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I'd honestly check out a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV or a Roadking...

But thats just cause I'm not a giant fan of the British sound for anything outside of modded JCM800's..

+

Your band is pretty sick. Reminds me of The Mars Volta, but still has an original voice to it.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
If you do get something new what are your plans for that B-52 head?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
+1 to the Mark IV, should give you tones for anything you want.

Rocker could be good too as others said.

And man, your band's pretty badass, lovin the stuff
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
MatAmp! It may not have the wattage that some of the other ones do, but it'll be easily crankable and will sound truly amazing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
rockerverb 50 or 100 - but may not be perfect for what you want. I'll go with what others have said and say mesa mark IV
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
ugh hate the vocals >.< but yes very nice, i second/10th the mark IV and say no to the triple rectifier, just not worth the money for the quality you get when you can get a mark IV
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
vht/soldano/engl/etc.

as rhcp says though, try a bunch of stuff out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Finally! With a budget like that, we don't have to reccomend Valvetronix, Cubes, or "used tube combos, n00b!"
Like RHCP said, go to every music store around you and try every one of their high end amps. But I'd reccomend an Orange. I had the pleasure of playing one recently, it was beautiful. Oh, how I long for an Orange. Try Engl or the Mesa/Boogie Mark IV. I personally don't like Triple Rectifiers for anything.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
Soldano Decatone
All I ask is that you try one. The amp will speak for itself.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Lonestar?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by RHCPfan01
Soldano Decatone

Amen

(note sig)
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Mark IV.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by RHCPfan01
Soldano Decatone

+1 to trying a Soldano. Absolutely rip-your-face-off metal sound & classic rock, & you can dial it back to your taste. I have an SLO 100, but I've not tried the Decatone. The Dec is supposedly more versatile due to its extra channel, like a beefed up Mark IV.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Yeah, I'd check out Soldano too as others suggested, kick ass amps.

And your guys MySpace won't let me add the song to mine, this makes me sad

*edit* nm, it let me add it now
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Sep 10, 2007,
bogner? with that big of a budget and, based off of your vids and the equipment you're using, you have a good sense of what you want out of your tone. so your best bet would be to go to as many stores as you can, try everything you can, and go from there. and i really like your band.
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
So I have around $2000 or possibly a little bit more to drop on a new amplifier. It has to be professional quality, and it has to have A LOT of definition with distortion. I have been using a B-52 AT-100 and a lot of times live, the subtleties in the guitar riffs can't be picked up. I don't even use that much distortion, just a moderate amount. So I've been thinking of maybe an Orange, a Mesa Boogie... anybody have any suggestions? The music type is progressive rock/post-hardcore/indie, kinda hard to explain, but there is a link in my sig to my band's stuff.

Thanks

nice sounds like glassjaw, watch you dont fall into that emocore thing tho lol.

mark iv or soldano would suit because you need lot of definition for that music. you can always buy a big muff if you want a fuzzy sound.
The Decatone is great for every genre out there pretty much. Just listen to the band Jimmie's Chicken Shack and you will hear what first made me love the Decatone. I have heard it do ska, metal, jazz, funk, and rock. What I wouldn't do for one.......
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Thanks to everyone who responded. And thanks to everyone who liked my band's stuff!

Unfortunately the Soldano Decatone was a little out of my price range at $2700. I went into a music store and played an Orange Rockerverb 50 and was blown away. Definitely the best amp I've ever played. It was between that and a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV but I ended up buying the Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Your band is impressive! It really sounds like something that would pass on TV or the radio!
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by ~Rock~Guitarist
Thanks to everyone who responded. And thanks to everyone who liked my band's stuff!

Unfortunately the Soldano Decatone was a little out of my price range at $2700. I went into a music store and played an Orange Rockerverb 50 and was blown away. Definitely the best amp I've ever played. It was between that and a Mesa/Boogie Mark IV but I ended up buying the Orange Rockerverb 100

Awesome.

Now you must post pictures in the Orange Users thread!!
I don't have any recommendations, because I've never had that big of a budget :$ but i just wanted to say your band is AWESOME, I wish there was a lot more of that stuff. keep it up dude
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch