Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a 3/4 scale axe for my 8 year old boy, and was wondering if anyone out there had any experience with them?

Thus far I've managed to find 3 different options:

Stagg L250 3/4 (les paul copy)
Stagg S300 3/4 (strat copy.. the natural finnish looks pretty classy for a kids guitar)
Squire Affinity 3/4

Does anyone out there know *anything* at all about these guitars (or even perhaps just which of the two manufacturers is more reliable)?

There seem to be no reviews or anything out there at all, just a few sites selling them.

anyone know of any other brands/models I could look at?

Any help would be great appriciated.

Cheers
The stagg strat copy would probably be the best start, the Les Paul copy would be pretty heavy and have a chunky neck, and i dont trust Squier affinity's
Ibanez makes one, the GRG something, it's called the "Mikro" and it's nicer in my opinion than those three.
A lot of people don't think that Squier puts out a decent product. THEY DO THOUGH. Though,I have never heard of 'Stagg'. Maybe look at the squier bullet.
I would take a look at the Ibanez Mikro series of guitars. They look pretty good wspecially the new GRGM51HP.
The Ibanez Mikro series do look pretty good. Probably a bit more expensive but Ibanez are usually decent quality. My mate has a Stagg Les Paul and it's horrible.
Nice one.. thanks for your help kids!

That Mikro looks a decent enough option... I'm not sure it's worth the 175 quid it's priced at in the UK (not for an 8 year old who'll probably just trash it), but for $130 that looks a bargain... god bless america's crappy economy

Thanks again all
Quote by beavis07
Nice one.. thanks for your help kids!

Not the best way to thank everyone, but whatever...
Imho, don't get him started on a small size. Maybe look for a short scale, but those reduced size guitars are hard to transition from.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by T!AN
Not the best way to thank everyone, but whatever...

I wasn't trying to be rude... I always adress groups of adults as 'kids'... it's a very very simple form of irony, which probably works better in person.

I'm genuinely very thankful for all the advice I can get.
Quote by zekk
Imho, don't get him started on a small size. Maybe look for a short scale, but those reduced size guitars are hard to transition from.

That's a very good point which had never even occured to be until now.... thanks.

At the mo he's playing a full size p.o.s. 8th-hand strat copy, but his little fingers struggle a little bit.... so yeah, it's more about the scale length than anything.

I'll be sure to beat that in mind.. thanks
Quote by beavis07
I wasn't trying to be rude... I always adress groups of adults as 'kids'... it's a very very simple form of irony, which probably works better in person.

I'm genuinely very thankful for all the advice I can get.

IC. Irony never does seem to work when you type it... stupid internet. Good luck with guitar search.
Quote by T!AN
IC. Irony never does seem to work when you type it... stupid internet. Good luck with guitar search.

No it never does....

Thanks man... by the way, that guitar in your sig really is stunning isn't it?
Quote by -heartbreaker-
tell your son to be a man and get him a 12 pound Les Paul Custom

Ha ha ha... not a bad idea

Bless him, he want's a proper Gold Top really really bad... then so do I.. we can't always have what we want... there's a lesson in there for him somewhere.
Yeah... I've got him well trained

he's obsessed by slash at the moment, hense the gold-top facination.
i'd chose the squier affinity 1/4th. its perfect for beginers. i mean..why spend alot of money on a guitar if your not sure if the person your buying it for will hold interest with it?
get him a mandolin, just so he can play it when he gets bigger

I can't, my fingers wont even fit
Well, I had a Taylor Big Baby 3/4 scale acoustic for awhile, until it got smashed. real nice little guitar....

Uh, maybe you'd like a Minimay? If you don't mind paying $200 for something so small....
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Brian-May-MiniMay-Electric-Guitar?sku=512639
EDIT: Dammit, beaten to it.

Also, weren't Fender Mustangs and Jaguars shorter-scale instruments? maybe you should look into getting one of those?