Hey! I'm looking to buy a bass stack, starting with first a cab, a head, and then another cab to make a full stack. The reason why I want a cab before a head, is because I can use the output of my current combo with it until I get the head. So, what cabs and heads are out there that are good? Preferable, between the three items about $1000 (give or take). Right now I am using a Behringer BX1200 120 watt combo. It's alright, but I need an upgrade!
I did pretty much the exact same thing you wanna do, but instead of 2 cabs i just bought a used 8x10 which is, to me, just as good as 2 4x10's, the only thing is that 8x10's weigh a ****in ton. If thats sumthing you would look at i suggest behringer or crate from like daddy's junky music (if u can) or get a kustom 8x10 (i have one), their really sick. For a head i'd say Hartke or Trace Elliot, I've got both and their both really sweet. I prefer the Trace Elliot though. good luck
check out ampeg, they've got some nice cabs and heads, although i think the trace elliot heads are a bit better, they're more expensive

also you can buy a 450 tube pro stack (1 4x10 cab i believe) from ampeg for 1500 bucks then you just need the other cab but it sounds AMAZING, that's what i'm picking up next

woot for behringer! they get such bad feedback from everyone, they're not that bad imo though
Quote by ironmaiden=life
I did pretty much the exact same thing you wanna do, but instead of 2 cabs i just bought a used 8x10 which is, to me, just as good as 2 4x10's, the only thing is that 8x10's weigh a ****in ton. If thats sumthing you would look at i suggest behringer or crate from like daddy's junky music (if u can) or get a kustom 8x10 (i have one), their really sick. For a head i'd say Hartke or Trace Elliot, I've got both and their both really sweet. I prefer the Trace Elliot though. good luck

Thanks! Sadly, I'm not too sure if that'd work for me... my reasoning on getting cab/head/cab is because of I can't hold onto money very long (whether its burning a hole in my pocket, or if I need it for something else) so I can only buy thing in (AT MOST!) $300-400 sections...
Thanks! However, only the lower-end Ampegs are in my price-range, and I can't find Hartke bass heads anywhere! So, should I go with Ampeg or does anyone else have other suggestions?
used Ampegs stacks are available, and will not disappoint you. 8x10 cabs run about $500, a used SVT amp will cost about the same. be patient, they are out there. but i am sure you won't be disappointed. the Ampeg 8x10 cab has four seperate enclosures built in, thats why they are so heavy, but nothing delivers the sound better! Carvin, GK, Hartke, and Trace, all make decent bass products. Ampeg pawns them all. word to you're mother! imo.
SVT amp + 8x10 cab = full stack
Hey, I tried finding some used, but I've got nothing... what websites are they on? I also called some of my local stores, and have no used stuff either!
I have a Traynor/Yorkville YBX1510. It's got 2 10" speakers and 1 15" speaker in a single enclosure. It's pretty good and rugged, good sound. Handles about 400W max.