Hey pit,
Is anyone computer capable and knows any sites or something on new computer memory for a somewhat older computer? I really need moar memory because my computer so slow i want to punch my self in the face every time it freezes...
So, thx if you help, Or even reading this.
What kinda memory do you need? PC100? PC133?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
If the computer is older it is more likely that you have a slow processor and that lack of memory has nothing to do with it. I'd suggest investing in a new computer. BUT, to answer the question of a site, check out www.newegg.com
Having no open space on the hard drive makes computers really slow too. Also, try defragmenting your hard drive and remove all unused programs. One more alternative is to download a registry cleaner. CCleaner works very well. This removes old registry entries. Your comp. searches through all entries before it does a task, ie open a program. If you get rid of all the false ones and all the out of date ones, it speeds the comp. up
Quote by joelfaessler
Having no open space on the hard drive makes computers really slow too. Also, try defragmenting your hard drive and remove all unused programs. One more alternative is to download a registry cleaner. CCleaner works very well. This removes old registry entries. Your comp. searches through all entries before it does a task, ie open a program. If you get rid of all the false ones and all the out of date ones, it speeds the comp. up

eh thank you kind sir
id give you cookie...but
you know...
Quote by demoniacfashion
how do you defragment your hard drive?

<start><all programs><accessories><system tools><defragment disk>
What's "moar" memory?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by mercen11ary
uh,
i have a dell optiplex gx270
its not super old but like a few years

I think the problems more likely in the way of a fragmented hard drive or a virus or some other problem 2 do with software because I have that same computer and it works absolutely fine.
I looked at your computer specs and it seems fine. Just follow what joel said about cleaning up your computer's OS. Also, it would help if you cleaned the insides of your computer too. Get one of those air-spray cans and clean out all the dust that's accumulated inside. Too much dust can reduce performance as well. If you really need more memory, your computer has DDR SDRAM. I don't know which kind, but take your current memory to a computer store and they'll get you another one.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
ok
that sounds good
and i dont have any viruses,
just checked
and i cleaned out all the stuff that was installed
oh and the the owner of the gx270
did your fan fail?
mine did and the system over heated
now every time i turn it on it says
Previous fan failure somethingsomethingsomething
ideas to fix that?
Simple. Get a new fan haha. They're really cheap and you can unscrew the old one and put in the new one with ease.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
right...i did replace the fan...
but it still say "blahblahblah"
everytime i boot it up
Quote by mercen11ary
and moar is how i spell more
i was waiting for someone to catch that...

ooh...

You're unique.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Either restore you'r computer (You'll see an option when you boot up you'r computer) Or buy a new computer. If i were you i'd buy a new one from what you said as "old"

You'r computer isnt freezing cause of the memory, it's also because you'r infected by spyware. Just restore the computer.
Quote by mercen11ary
ok
that sounds good
and i dont have any viruses,
just checked
and i cleaned out all the stuff that was installed
oh and the the owner of the gx270
did your fan fail?
mine did and the system over heated
now every time i turn it on it says
Previous fan failure somethingsomethingsomething
ideas to fix that?

Sorry mate, that hasn't happened with me.
I got my computer pre owned from the IT department where my auntie works so they checked it out before I got it.
You may need to replace some components if it overheated. I think you should take it to a qualified technician to see what needs fixing.
i have some trend micro stuff that i just got that im too lazy too get up and look for the exact one
is nice
im always updating too
To defragment, open my computer, right click on my computer and there is an option in there to defrag
Quote by Jackolas
It'd be better just to upgrade the whole thing.

his computer isnt even that bad, the problem is that his hard drive is small, and probably filled up with random **** that makes it run slow
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer