Page 1 of 2
Basically looking for a new marshall, really has to be under £500, but realy just wanting a great sound distortion and clean, was considering an all valve... any ideas?
Jcm2000 Dsl401
Gibson Les Paul Studio // BKP Nailbombs
Dean Performer Key Largo

Marshall JVM215C
Fulltone Octafuzz
Dunlop ZW-Wah
because marshall valves are best
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

^
Why does it have to be Marshall?
What genres do you play?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
just thought id stick with marshall, lol i dont think an orange rocker 30 is a marshall. i play mainly classic rock stuff, but enjoy a bita clean every now n the for stuff like wind cries mary, love that song! lol

an orange rocker 30 is like 600 quid isnt it??

EDIT** ALSO anyone recommend an all valve amp not just marshall? under £500 of course, about the JCM2000 DSL401, is it worth it??
Last edited by fusion48 at Sep 9, 2007,
Okay, with your pricerange go for the DSL, but personally, I'd save more and get the Rocker 30.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3
I'd save more and get the Rocker 30.

+1

Would be well worth the wait to get the extra cash.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

^I would, but I have no more room.

The Rocker sounds way better than a Marshall, has both better crunch and better cleans.

The JCM2000 is a metal amp, and most people would say that it's the worst of the JCMs.
Quote by which ones pink
^I would, but I have no more room.

The Rocker sounds way better than a Marshall, has both better crunch and better cleans.

The JCM2000 is a metal amp, and most people would say that it's the worst of the JCMs.

BS. Have you ever played a JCM200? Because I own one it is not a "metal amp".
Yeah it might be the worst of the JCM's but its capable of a wide variety ranging from classic rock to some metal.
If you're going Marshall, go all the way. JCM 800 2203 or 2210. and a tubescreamer or OCD for the metal stuff. If you want the most bang for your buck, always go used. ALWAYS.
I've got a Jcm900 head (and a 2x12 cab) that I don't really need any more, if you're interested

Edit: \/ This guy seems to know what he's talking about
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Last edited by yogurt_overdose at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by guitarted
If you're going Marshall, go all the way. JCM 800 2203 or 2210. and a tubescreamer or OCD for the metal stuff. If you want the most bang for your buck, always go used. ALWAYS.

Exactly you will save so much money on a used guitar amp that has been taken care of.
MG 100!!!

It's so sick!!!!!!1111111111

Seriously though, rocker 30.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
either the jcm 800 used (which is usually pretty cheap) or the orange rocker.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
614 quid! anything cheaper for the rocker, another annoying this is i live in warwickshire and no where stocks it except birmingham, it is really worth that much?
Quote by fusion48
614 quid! anything cheaper for the rocker, another annoying this is i live in warwickshire and no where stocks it except birmingham, it is really worth that much?

Yes. Look used man, you could get a Rocker 30 for £550 or less. And £50 won't take long to save up, now, will it?
where used could i get it, there are not many on ebay, does this give a good clean AND distortion though? how does it compare to the marshall jcm 2000 dsl 401? ive heard good things about it,
^ Orange Rocker 30 = Cranked plexi
Yes, it gives sweet cleans and distortion
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by fusion48
where used could i get it, there are not many on ebay, does this give a good clean AND distortion though? how does it compare to the marshall jcm 2000 dsl 401? ive heard good things about it,

One will pop up soon enough, I've seen several come and go in the past week or two. Be patient. And it compares to the DSL401 fantastically, the R30 is so, so much better. Granted, I've only tried the 401 once, but with all JCM2000s, it gets muddy in later gain stages, unlike the Orange, which just gets more harmonically rich, thick and crunchy as you go on.

In terms of cleans, I can't remember either of them too well, but the DSLs were fairly average. Not bad by any means, just not...Particularly great, that's all.

Also have you looked into a Tiny Terror? You could get a head and 1x12 cab for £500-550..Sure, less gain, and less volume, but still crunchy and Orangey. And probably still better than the 401.
the size is the only thing with the orange tiny terror, i need minimum 30 watts, and that literaly minimum, i thinkk a rocker would be enough as its all tube
A used Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker combo, best marshall ever.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
but its like 800 quid though
n i seriously cant see me getting one much cheaper
unless u want to sell me one for 500 quid? lol is it better than a rocker 30?
Quote by fusion48
the size is the only thing with the orange tiny terror, i need minimum 30 watts

Why? TT is pretty loud. Should get over a loud drummer etc, and if you're at any decent venue, you can mic it.
nah its too much hassle micing it, honestly ive been thinkin about a tiny terror but it just wouldnt be enough, any one know where to get a 500 quid bluesbreaker?? lol
Quote by fusion48
nah its too much hassle micing it, honestly ive been thinkin about a tiny terror but it just wouldnt be enough

Christ, what are you planning on here? Joining the Zeppelin reunion tour?

Unless you have a crystal ball and know you're going to be playing huge gigs in the future, take a long hard look at a TT.
eBay. My mate got one for £400 on there. They're really loud though, and you need to crank it to get OD, but when you do. maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.
Don't be afraid to care"

Well it won't be as heavy sounding/won't get as much gain from it.

You'd probably want an attenuator if you were getting the Bluesbreaker though, so you can get power amp OD at lower volumes
Don't be afraid to care"

Quote by fusion48
it isnt enough im afraid, lol i promise you

You know, you could tell us what you need it for. Saying it won't be enough is like saying there isn't foot and mouth in Bernard Matthew's delicious plastic ham.
i play a fair amount of gigs, with PA n everything, n looking for a better sound, we have a loud drummer, bassist n guitarist, who will be buying my marshall off my when i get a new amp, i want an all valve amp with nice clean and distortion, ive asked loads of people whjo have tiny terrors n they all sayy it wouldnt be enough for how loud we play
A TT probably would be loud enough, but you wouldn't get any decent cleans.
You would with a Rocker 30 though, and a Bluesbreaker (with attenuator or OD)
Don't be afraid to care"

Page 1 of 2