Okay, about the Geddy Lee Signature Jazz bass... I know there's a gazillion threads about it, but I want to know if its actually worth the money? - £625 GBP - Was the cheapest I could find. (if anyone can find cheaper link me please)
Also, has anyone got one / played one and can give me their own opinion?

Cheers.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
what, you don't believe a gazillion threads that say, it is worth the money? yes, it is worth the money, you should also check out the Hwy 1 Jazz, it is usually priced the same as the Geddy, and offers a few more color choices, plus it's an MIA. (no flames)
i know, it's a cheap plug...lol
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_geddylee_jbass.htm here it is cheaper for £595 at thomann, which is a german website but ive ordered from there and i live in surrey and they are very reliable. I ordered my guitar from there and it came in 3 days from germany! Set up too, plus shipping is free on orders over £135. As for the bass itself i think it is worth it for the price
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Cheers you two. ill check those both out.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Quote by nikhil101
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_geddylee_jbass.htm here it is cheaper for £595 at thomann, which is a german website but ive ordered from there and i live in surrey and they are very reliable. I ordered my guitar from there and it came in 3 days from germany! Set up too, plus shipping is free on orders over £135. As for the bass itself i think it is worth it for the price

Woo someone else from Surrey! .

So yeah, to contribute to the thread, Thomann is great, just check their prices against the current exchange rate, sometimes the price conversions on their site aren't right and my friend ended up paying an extra £10 for a pedal.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by nikhil101

Actually works out as £607.93, I've noticed Thomann are pretty generous with their conversion rates.

EDIT: Actually I've noticed I'm pretty generous with my typing skills and typed the wrong price into Xe.com. I fail. But indie-bassist's warning holds true. I've seen them give inaccurate conversions before.

Quote by 83lespaulstudio
what, you don't believe a gazillion threads that say, it is worth the money? yes, it is worth the money, you should also check out the Hwy 1 Jazz, it is usually priced the same as the Geddy, and offers a few more color choices, plus it's an MIA. (no flames)
i know, it's a cheap plug...lol

Like the Hwy. 1 basses, but I'd be tempted to take a Geddy over a H1 Jazz simply for the maple neck and BadAss II as stock. But the fact that the H1's are MIA probably makes them worth more.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by Caustic

Like the Hwy. 1 basses, but I'd be tempted to take a Geddy over a H1 Jazz simply for the maple neck and BadAss II as stock. But the fact that the H1's are MIA probably makes them worth more.

the new Hwy 1's have the BAII stock, un-like mine
that's the only reason i posted such a shamless plug!
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
the new Hwy 1's have the BAII stock, un-like mine
that's the only reason i posted such a shamless plug!

Damn, always the short straw eh?

Though the Geddy still gives the maple neck. Can't have everything I suppose!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
The Geddy also has the sweet inlays.

I'd change the pickguard to a tortoise shell though...
wait dont get it yet. wait till the new edition comes out with the improved tuners and sanded neck... but maybe thatll crank up the price more?
The neck is already pretty damn thin and fast... and the tuners shouldn't be a huge deal.
no i meant theyre taking the gloss finish off if it. some people like it some dont. its a preferance thing
..... Isn't the Geddy lee an american.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
..... Isn't the Geddy lee an american.

Made in Japan, I thought.
Quote by Caustic

hmmmm well it seems a little bit too expensive to be a Made in mexico....

..soo maybe it is a japanesse made seems to put it in the right price range

Help me to live.

Quote by Caustic

correct! the block markers are cool, but they are painted on, not inlays. i think the Geddy sig is the best, not MIA, available. and well worth the money.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
correct! the block markers are cool, but they are painted on, not inlays. i think the Geddy sig is the best, not MIA, available. and well worth the money.

Finally i know, i have been wondering for ages where its made!

I tried one out the other day, perhaps the best bass i have ever played; Which did lead me to think it was an american made.

Help me to live.

Quote by 83lespaulstudio

Whether it's a fair judgement or not, that inlay thing is just cheap and puts me off it somewhat.

As for the best non-MIA, I think the Mike Dirnt P gives it a fair run for it's money. As much as I'm not a fan of Dirnt, his sig bass is great value.
Quote by Caustic
Whether it's a fair judgement or not, that inlay thing is just cheap and puts me off it somewhat.

As for the best non-MIA, I think the Mike Dirnt P gives it a fair run for it's money. As much as I'm not a fan of Dirnt, his sig bass is great value.

I agree on both your points. I do see that if they were real inlays they would weaken the neck immensely but painting it on still does sound cheap (not that there's really any other way to do it though).

With me being a much bigger fan of precision basses than jazz basses I thought the Mike Dirnt sig definitely gives the Geddy a run for it's money, it's a fantastic and very underrated bass. The look is cool too with the early precision body and neck designs.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!