Page 1 of 2
So for most teams this sunday is the first game of the season

what teams are yall rooting for this week?

or if your team already played, what team did they play, score, and any comments you had about the game

I persoanlly am rooting for dallas cowboys...they have been my team for a long time now.
They are playing giants at irving stadium, and i am pretty pumped about the game
I'm rooting for the patriots who seem likely to win it all. They just beat the jets and moss and brady were great together. I do feel bad for the jets fans though seeing pennington go down.
GMO INC.
I'm going for my faves, the Bears.

Watching the Detroit game right now, and shaking my head in disgust.

I don't even think it's worth rooting for the Lions this year. Never really was.

Z-Edit: Actually, the Lions aren't doing that bad.. they've been making some good plays so far against the Raiders.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Sep 9, 2007,
The Niners. They've got a pretty easy first few weeks so I'm looking forward to some football.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
The Pats really were great. Anyone who watched the game on CBS, was Phil Simms saying that the Jets fans were applauding seeing Pennington get hurt? If they were that is pretty shocking especially considering how much effort he puts in.
you know, it's funny. last year for the jaguars the entire team was good with the exception of the QB position which burned us in the last three games and kept us out of the playoffs. now ... the QB is all we have. our defense sucked today. our running game sucked today. our passing game was worse than usual. matt jones can't hold a fucking PERFECT touchdown pass apparently.

garrard is the right QB. unfortunately everyone else sucks.
#DTWD
Quote by steee21
Yay.

Redskins won in OT.

YEA!
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by the_man101
So for most teams this sunday is the first game of the season

what teams are yall rooting for this week?

or if your team already played, what team did they play, score, and any comments you had about the game

I persoanlly am rooting for dallas cowboys...they have been my team for a long time now.
They are playing giants at irving stadium, and i am pretty pumped about the game

+1
Seahawks fan

they won, 20-6 vs. Buccaneers.

i think they looked pretty good overall. their offense started a bit shaky, but they got things together.

feel free to join my NFL group:
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/nflfans/

Quote by wilty00
That last drive of the Broncos/Bills games was one of the most intense I have ever seen in my life.

it was crazy that they managed to get that field goal off before time ran out.
The Broncos barely got the win today. Cutler looked nervous the entire game, but he got the job done in the last drive.

And it's obvious the Bears got to do something about that Grossman.
My Texans got a 20-3 rout today at Reliant against KC. KC was pretty terrible overall...but boy did Mario Williams earn his keep today (2 sacks, 38 yard fumble return for TD)! Schaub is already doing more for us than Carr ever did (and I hate to say that, because I'm a Carr fan). The next two weeks are going to be tough for us: @ the Panthers and @ home against the Colts (although we ARE the last team to have beaten the Colts thus far).

As Bill Cowher put it:

"Yes. That's right. Mario Williams has more touchdowns that Reggie Bush."
I don't even know why I bother cheering for the dolphins.

They haven't had anything going for them since Ricky Williams got deported to Canada...
Steelers 34-7 over the Browns.

Eat it.
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

I don't even think it's worth rooting for the Lions this year. Never really was.

Z-Edit: Actually, the Lions aren't doing that bad.. they've been making some good plays so far against the Raiders.

DETROIT WINS!
and so my favorite football team just beat my football coach's favorite... this is either gonna be really good or really bad
Quote by primusfan
you know, it's funny. last year for the jaguars the entire team was good with the exception of the QB position which burned us in the last three games and kept us out of the playoffs. now ... the QB is all we have. our defense sucked today. our running game sucked today. our passing game was worse than usual. matt jones can't hold a fucking PERFECT touchdown pass apparently.

actually the receivers sucked last year also....
Quote by LazySandman
DETROIT WINS!
and so my favorite football team just beat my football coach's favorite... this is either gonna be really good or really bad

Whoa.. seriously? I didn't watch the whole game.

That's awesome! Go Detroit!
Quote by Rockford_rocks

The Lions defense fucking SMOKED the Raiders in the last quarter. Really only the last 7 minutes or so, but who cares?

GO LIONS!!!

1 and 0!

Matter of fact, new avatar. Go Lions.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Whoa.. seriously? I didn't watch the whole game.

That's awesome! Go Detroit!

Yeah, just 18'ish to go...
Quote by dig up my date
Detroit is going all the way just watch

yeah, boyeee.
<Han> I love Hitler
I cant belive DA BEARS lost -.-
UG'S THRASHOHOLIC DRUMMER
WRECK YOUR NECK WITH A PASSION FOR THRASHIN
Quote by LazySandman
actually the receivers sucked last year also....

thought i stated later the pass game was "worse than usual". i think broussard will be good. not enough to give us a colts-eqsue passing game, but it's a step in the right direction.

Quote by metal overlord
I cant belive DA BEARS lost -.-

i can. the NFC is inferior.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

Didn't you say you'd ban yourself if the Patriots won the superbowl?
Quote by Death_switch
Didn't you say you'd ban yourself if the Patriots won the superbowl?

yeah ... i still stick to that. not only that, promised my friends i'd shave my head. what's with the eye rolling, jerkoff? as if i went back on it? you're from england though, you don't know shit.

how about if the patriots don't win the superbowl you get permabanned?
#DTWD
DA BEARS! who lost today which i am dissdapointed. STupid Chargers. Also i love the Bills for some reason who also lost.
Quote by Andjustice.....

i could see that being liek a sign at an entrace to a theme park ,"remember to always be safe dont litter and remember to have a nice day in my pants!"

Quote by Robbie n strat
"If you listen really carefully, you can hear carrots scream when you cut them."
Chiefs... lost.

god, my team sucks...

=[
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by GibsonRocker14
Chiefs... lost.

god, my team sucks...

=[

Haha, how do you think we Detroit lovers have been feeling for the last... long time.

Hopefully we'll have a great season this year. Go Lions!
Green Bay had an awesome game. Broncos had a good game. Only say highlights on the Lions game, but they're doing much better than last season. Brady Quinn didn't get to play. And the Saints didn't play as well as I anticipated.
Quote by primusfan
yeah ... i still stick to that. not only that, promised my friends i'd shave my head. what's with the eye rolling, jerkoff? as if i went back on it? you're from england though, you don't know shit.

how about if the patriots don't win the superbowl you get permabanned?

It never pays to be over confident especially when it comes to sport but you must be slightly worried?
i like atlanta. this is the way i look at it. if schaub hadnt sold out mick vick to the feds for a starting spot on the falcons, only to get later traded, then mick vick would've been out there today and would've crushed the vikings. now we have "happy feet" joey harrington. thanks schaub for selling out vick. (totally just kidding about the vick thing)
Quote by Death_switch
It never pays to be over confident especially when it comes to sport but you must be slightly worried?

worried about what? it's not like i agreed to cut off a limb or change my name. even so, they will not win the superbowl. people say the patriots have to win this year just like they said the chargers had to go there last year. who picked pittsburgh over indianapolis in 2005? the best team on paper rarely wins anymore.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
worried about what? it's not like i agreed to cut off a limb or change my name. even so, they will not win the superbowl. people say the patriots have to win this year just like they said the chargers had to go there last year. who picked pittsburgh over indianapolis in 2005? the best team on paper rarely wins anymore.

I wouldn't say that New England are the best team, I'd say both the Colts and Chargers have better players 'on paper' however the Pats certainly have the best coach and let's face it the they are BLESSED.

I'm not saying the Pats will win but they have a great chance.
Page 1 of 2