For those of you who like to stay in touch with what's going on in the world, what do you use to do so? Any particular tv programs of websites you can recommend? I'm just looking for something that is brief and concise that I can check up a few times a week with what's important out there, no celebrity gossip or extranous things like that, and preferably one that will allow me to stay up to date without referring any other sources unless I'm interested in some more specific reading on a certain topic.

Any suggestions for one all around handy, up to date, and digestible show or site I can use for this? Many thanks.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Other than that, they do no harm. Unless you play a seriously crappy game, you know, like Glover. He was a ****ing glove. Seriously.
The BBC news website is OK, it does at least keeop the celebrity bull in its own section.
I like the layout of the BBC one.

But I only visit it if a link is posted on here though.

I get most of my news from teletext
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I read metro (free UK newspaper) on my way to school

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

sky news, BBC news, and even tho im in scotland, i like to watch fox news to see what the americans are up to. Its good viewing.
BBC news webby is great and I'd recommend it to Americans as well.

For TV news I watch ITV at 10:30 'cause it owns.

Also channel 4 news 7 to 8 is very indepth and intelligent.
Quote by p.stick
I read metro (free UK newspaper) on my way to school

Aah yes. Ye good olde Metro.
They're all gone after 9am though...
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Metro is the Daily Mail in disguise (my own wording).

Seriously it's the DAILY MAIL. As a free newspaper.

It IS free though.
Quote by Jackolas
Metro is the Daily Mail in disguise (my own wording).

Seriously it's the DAILY MAIL. As a free newspaper.

It IS free though.

Yeah, but doesn't have the page 3 girl...

That makes it worse than daily mail...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

colbert report is accually really great, you just take the opposite of everything he says
get the bbc rss feed and you'll be able to easily keep check of the main events.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I check the BBC website and buy The Independent when I get the chance. My mother likes GMTV, so I'm always in tune with how Posh's hair looks that week too.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.