hey I am looking into buying a cab . After searching alot of different brands and makes i came apon Krank and saw the reviews for their Krankenstein and Relolution cab were really good,

What i want to know is the difference between the two and what people on Ug think of them or if i would be better off in just getting a different one,

I'm lookin at spending from 500-1000 so that gives lots of options,

I play hard rock metal and a bit of everything else so i dont want just a metal cab or just a clean cab thnx
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
Last edited by minivia at Sep 9, 2007,
I don't see the point in spending so much on a cab when you have an AVT, but if you must get one. I'd suggest an Avatar, Mesa Standard Recto, or Marshall 1960 with Vintage 30s in it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
you spending 500-1000 on just the cab?
and what currency...?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
get a basson cabinet. im endorsed by them, and if you like metal, nothing else will give you a tighter bottom end and more focused sound than a basson. www.bassonsound.com

all the joints are reinforced and the whole cabinet is airtight. a little heavy (106 lbs), as its about an two inches bigger on every dimension but its worth it.

by the way, go to the artists section and my pictures on the bottom. Tim, a song an epiphany
im selling the avt as soon as i buy a half stack

canadian currency
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
It doesn't really matter what name brand the cab is its the speakers! cabs with Celestion are pretty popular. 500-1000 will get you a very nice cab!
Last edited by gilbeaux1983 at Sep 9, 2007,
You didn't mention weather you were looking for a 2x12, 4x12 etc... as far as good cabs, the better ones are made out of solid wood, and are hand assembled, though marshall 1960's are nice, if you get one you should really do the mods listed in this video they're easy and really do make a difference.

I recommend Carr cabs, though expensive they are hand made with hospital grade wiring and solid wood. The closed backs have great sound, the only down side is it takes 3-4 months to make after you order.

I vote against avatar, yeah if you are on a bugget you get a lot for your money, but with your price range it would be like buying a cab from K-mart.

Best of luck.

EDIT:
Quote by gilbeaux1983
It doesn't really matter what name brand the cab is its the speakers! cabs with Celestion are pretty popular.

NO NO NO NO NO NO, not to be mean, but there is a lot of engineering that goes into a good cab, and most cabs are designed around the speakers they come with. Aside form good quality wood, there are other important design features that enhances clarity and focus.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by gilbeaux1983
It doesn't really matter what name brand the cab is its the speakers!

Oh ye of little knowledge.
Cab construction/materials aid towards tone too you know.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by llanafreak44
Sell the head and get more money for a better combo.

how can i sell a head thats part of a combo amp
My Gear:

Gibson Lp
ibson Sg
Fender Strat
Taylor 914

Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber
Mesa Boogie 4x12 w V30's
Marshall Avt 150

Wylde Wah
boss Ds-1
Boss Ch-1
Danelectro delay
If in the market for a 4x12, do some research into the following:

Bogner UberKab
Soldano 4x12
Marshall 1960 (with v30's)
THD 4x12

If in the Market for a 2x12, do some research into the following:

Genz Benz G-Flex
THD 2x12
EarCandy Buzzbomb
Diezel 2x12 (they offer front or rear loaded)

As stated above, Avatar can easily be ruled out with the kind of budget you have, but it's also easy to spend a thousand bucks on a cab that won't sound as good as a Marshall you can get for half of that. Consider also the virtues of a well engineered 2x12, some 2x12's offer a lot more definition, tons of "thump", and more volume than most 4x12's while taking up less space and causing fewer long term back problems.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I have to agree, unless your playing major shows [which probably have a PA anyway] the 2x12 will work just fine when paired with the right head.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
I would recommend a Framus cab. They are amazing.
Guitars / Bass
60th anniversary strat
Ibanez Electric-Acoustic
Mitchell Electric-Acoustic
60th anniversary p-bass

Amps
TSL60 w/ 1960a
Frontman 25R II
Behringer BXL450A
I currently run the krankenstein 4X12 cab with the texas heat drivers. Plain and simple....its a sick cab. There may be some better out there....but not of what I tried. I have a mesa triple recto head. and this cab handles the head very well. One of the key selling points for me was that the cab is real detailed(notes are sharp and cut well), and it handles the bass very well. Its stays real tight and hard.

I pushed my head through a few others and it just sounded to me that a lot of the vintage type stuff had a hard time handling the bass well. It got a little boomy with a couple of the marshall cabs I tried.......and even the mesa cab felt a little more rumbly in comparison to the Krank.

It seems to reproduce the upper mids very well also. Lots of cut, and clean or bluesy sounds come out very punchy and full. Not overly harsh either.....but I do beleive that it probably could reproduce a harsh sound with the right amp driving it(its obviously designed to be able to produce that searing, harsh sound dime used from time to time.....so it could be a little harsh I suppose if you wanted it to be).

Id say give one a try for sure. I think you will dig it. But dont buy til you try. As I said....some of the other cabs I tried didnt seem to handle my head as well......but if you know anything about the triple recto solo head......its a very powerful 150 watt head. So its going to push any cab real hard(which is why the difference is apparent to me). Had I been playing say a 25 watt head through these other cabs....the differences might not have been as obvious. So some other cabs might suit your playing style just fine.
To hear what can be done with a pretty bare bones computer home studio, minimal cash and lots of time.....visit http://myspace.com/redlightcrisis I play the guitar on the tracks and take care of recording duties.