I'm going to get this amp used for about 500 bucks. And I'm thinking of getting a Gibson les paul classic antique for $2000.

Do you think I should just get a cheaper les paul, or an epi, since im using the jcm 2000 with it? I think i may be wasting my money if i plugged in an expensive Gibson into one of the cheaper Marshall tube amps

Also is 20 watts manageable for home use?
Last edited by lpmarshall at Sep 9, 2007,
I'd spend less on the guitar and more on the amp myself.
I guess you have a total budget of about $2500?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
You are a lucky bastard. And if you can get the Gibson, why shouldn't you? And 20 watts tube is plenty for home usage.
Quote by Yngwi3
I'd spend less on the guitar and more on the amp myself.
I guess you have a total budget of about $2500?

yeah thats my budget, only amps I want are marshalls and if i spend more money on the amp, it'll be too loud for home uses. So Im thinking of just spending less on the guitar, like get an epiphone elitist and changed the p'ups to burstbuckers, or get the gibson mahogany for $800(but that gibson has a 50's neck, and my hands are small)

Oh, and if i want to change pickups, can i go to a guitar store, like GC, and get it changed there?

Only reason I'll be able to afford the gibson is that im gonna use the Guitar Center Card thing, where I dont have to pay for a full year with no interest
Last edited by lpmarshall at Sep 9, 2007,
wow....how do ppl find stuff like this for so cheap? i think they do pickup changes. And do get the gibson for $800.
Cool okay, that's a really nice budget (I think in USD?)
What music genres do you play?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I play basically classic rock and blues. Mostly 60's, 70's rock. Hendrix, Clapton, Zep, RHCP,