Hey guys I was wondering what you all thought of the Gallows? I really like them but are they true punk?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Isn't it just Gallows? They're ok, from what I've heard.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Pretty good. Saw 'em at Warped.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
i cant stop listening to abandon ship! I wana cover it in my band but my singer cant sing it very well.....
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
If i offer to buy you a drink
Trust me when i say it's non-alcoholic
You're no good to me if you can't even speak
I don't want you passing out i want you sucking my dick
If i offer to buy you a drink
Trust me when i say it's non-alcoholic
I want you to wake up and remember my name
When you're washing my cum off your f**king face

*dance*
^Rubbish lyrics But most sxe lyrics are anyway.

Anyway the Gallows are alright, they live near me so I've seen em a few times. They are good live band and they have some cool tunes, but they have fallen victim to the dreaded hype-machine which isn't a good thing. But they are good it's just I find their songs/lyrics a bit repetitive.
great band, really solid album. i think music needed something like this to wake people up. normally if i hear a punk band on the radio i get a bit suspicious but there's something really satisfying about hearing 'in the belly of a shark' blasting out of the radio in my work at 11am.
Lead singer went crazy at Warped in Mansfield and jumped off the stage to attack some kid. It was amazing
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
They're a tad bit overrated but there's something about them that I can't get enough of.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by Zardokk
They annoy me. The vocals bug me. The whole band bugs me.

QFT

I'm not entirely sure how they got labelled as punk really. They sound like some sort of bad metal attempt.
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by stratele
i cant stop listening to abandon ship! I wana cover it in my band but my singer cant sing it very well.....

Same here...my favorite song from the album. I'm not a huge fan of many punk bands (the only punk-related music I listen to is from Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, and The Offspring) but I recently listened to that song and it got me into them.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Gallows f*cking suck, they're the archetype of everything wrong with not only punk music but music in general:

- They look like c*nts and their image is boring as f*ck. I don't want to pay good money to see f*cking weekenders with guitars.
- Their songs f*cking s*ck.
- They pride themselves on being the loudest band in Britain, over any kind of musical substance. The previous band to have that title, Spinal Tap, were charismatic and had good material. That's gone out the f*cking window.
- At least one of them is a skinhead.
- The vocals are of the comprimised modern sh*t variety.

I'd be able to add more on the subject, but last time I heard them I couldn't play guitar for three days, they sickened me that much.

F*ck them.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Jan 29, 2009,
there used to be a great venue in birmingham called the Gallows but it got torched
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Skinheads are whats wrong with music?
You listen to rock, your ass is goin to HELL! You listen to country western music, read your bible, you saved, your soul is saved.
I've never heard of this 'gallows'
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I looked them up and really don't think this belongs here.

Try the hardcore forum, or maybe even modern rock.

PS. not a fan at all.