I always used D'addario's on my Ibanez SZ320, and my Fender had Fender strings, I always liked them, but, then eventually, used D'addario's on them too (.10's).

But now I bought a second hand Jem 555, and well, it has elixirs on it, and, the guitar sometimes sounds, weird, perhaps detuned a bit, but if I check, she's in tune (she keeps in tune very well according to my tuner).
Can it be that it's just the strings that make it sounds a bit weirder, or, is the trem just bad ? Cause it's mainly the low E-string that sounds weird, ow jeah, btw, the elexirs are .09.

Are ernie balls a good alternative, or should I go back to d'addario ?
Last edited by Canucks486 at Sep 9, 2007,
I absolutely hate Elixirs but I don't know about them affecting the tuning of your guitar, you might want to take it in and have the intonation checked.

Ernie Balls and D'addario's are both good choices. I use D's. So I'd suggest those.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
I thought Elixer's were always high-quality strings.....I use Ernie Balls, and they do a good job of staying in tune, and dont have a weird sound right after u put them on. It might be something to do with the trem, or the locking on it.
D's and GHS Boomers are what I use. I sometimes put Fender Bullets on my Tele though.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
I know elixir denies it as do others, but the coating is going to make some difference in sound. Just like different metals and different ways of putting them together makes a difference. I used em for a while. But got tired of em breaking all the time. I wasnt the little strings breaking either it was the wound ones. I know Im hard on strings but havent broken a string since stopped using them. And my guitars sound better to.
i love elixers but i hate spending the crapload of money on them.

if you want REALLY good strings get ernie ball super slinkys
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss