Page 1 of 3
I've got a talent show at school, and im getting my band to play 3 songs. 2 covers and 1 of our own, what do you think should be those 2 covers?

-thanks

P.S. I'm going to try and create as much chaos as I can.
Quote by Steve The Plank
Smells Like Teen Spirit and American Idiot.

Maybe some Fall Out Boy or Panic! at the Disco?

As hard as it is to say, I'd have to agree mostly. Covering those songs will probably be the best way to get you noticed, plus, they're really really fobbing easy.
The Pit. The Movie.
if you want to raise hell try dechristianize by vital remains and entombment of machine by jfac.
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
Speed Metal Symphony
Concerto

/thread.

Seriously, how about some SRV or Babe I'm gonna Leave you by Led Zeppelin.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
war pigs by black sabbath
and seek and destroy
Gear
Gibson SG Standard with Emg Pick-ups
Marshall MG50DFX
Digitech Death Metal

I am the Eggman
you might want to say what genre your band plays...
Quote by Garret.
No trumpets sound when the important decisions of our life are made.

Destiny is made known silently.
Quote by II Chives II
I've got a talent show at school, and im getting my band to play 3 songs. 2 covers and 1 of our own, what do you think should be those 2 covers?

-thanks

P.S. I'm going to try and create as much chaos as I can.

Killing in the Name Of by RATM should do the trick... might get you disqualified, but it's a baller song.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
Babyshambles - **** Forever. But don't tell the teachers it's that song...once you start playing i on stage not much they can do
Quote by Spay
As hard as it is to say, I'd have to agree mostly. Covering those songs will probably be the best way to get you noticed, plus, they're really really fobbing easy.

Haha yeah, the sad thing is, those songs are probably your best options

Everyone knows them too :/ Every young high-school band covers them at some point early on... Seven Nation Army too then? xD
A cover that will always be a crowd pleaser would be Green Day - Good Riddance
Another that would be cool if you can pull it off, would be Hot For Teacher by Van Halen.
Pick something that people will know, and that will freak out the faculty. In my day we played stuff like 'School's Out' and 'Black Sabbath'.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by RedMoonMan
what does a pot leaf have to do with a talent show?

i have 4 million stoner points.

Nice bob dylan quote btw.
Quote by dm1925
if you want to raise hell try dechristianize by vital remains and entombment of machine by jfac.

+1
Id say start with a song like Can't Repeat or The Kid's arent Alright by the Offspring, then do Battery Acid or 3's and 7's by Queens of the Stone Age if u can pull off the solo in the second one. Or Go With the Flow by Queens, its much easier than thse two.
Or you could do Born To Raise Hell by Motorhead. Or I Am The Sword, which is really fun to play.
Quote by dm1925

+1 Dechristianize

I'm Broken or 5 Minutes Alone....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
My first playlist:
Holiday-Green Day
blvd of Broken Dreams-Green Day
American Idiot-Green Day
More Than a feeling-Boston
The Middle-Jimmy Eat World

That was what my band played for our first real show, and we did pretty good. Hope that helps
The Pit. The Movie.
+1

to whoever said Speed Metal Symphony - Cacophony , if you can play that of course and its long enough to represent 2 songs.
Actually, play "the middle" by Jimmy Eat World. It's really easy (only 3 chords) but the solo is respectable. Everyone knows that song and it's really easy to sing.
The Pit. The Movie.
If you are gonna do FoB, Greenday, etc. kinda stuff, then "Dance Dance" and "Holiday" are good choices – crowd pleasers, but you can keep most of your dignity, since they're both still alright songs.

Personally, I'd love to perform Alice in Chains' Angry Chair at my school at some point.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Quote by Mega-Tallica
A cover that will always be a crowd pleaser would be Green Day - Good Riddance
Another that would be cool if you can pull it off, would be Hot For Teacher by Van Halen.

I Agree Completely with this man (Mega-Tallica).
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
do some face melting,arm shredding, br00tal deathmetal
Quote by rockybo
I'm making an igloo in my backyard later and smoking a bong in it.
You should do In The Flesh by Pink Floyd.

The later version.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
If playing MCR wasn't a surefire way to get the **** kicked out of you, I'd love to do Teenagers at a school show.

You'd get in **** for it though.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Quote by Eighteen4Ever
If you are gonna do FoB, Greenday, etc. kinda stuff, then "Dance Dance" and "Holiday" are good choices – crowd pleasers, but you can keep most of your dignity, since they're both still alright songs.

Personally, I'd love to perform Alice in Chains' Angry Chair at my school at some point.

I'm not doing emo.
Quote by II Chives II
I'm not doing emo.

It's not emo, it's overly mainstream manufactured punk-pop.

Emo would be.. say.. Taking Back Sunday's first album.
Quote by bassmanjoe08

Page 1 of 3