Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew of some good free downloadable recording software, I've been useing audacity, but it's realy poor quality, does anyone know somthing thats a bit better?
all i got is a little computer mic, but once i figure out how to hook my guitar up to my computer, I'll have to try that.
Quote by the_strikes
Nothin in life is free.

Not strictly true. Everything that is free is infact free.

I.e. Audacity. Doesn't cost any money or time. Free.
It's not the program that depends on the quality (usually), it's the sound card and the way you're recording the sound.
All i do is hook up a little mic to my computer, and set it in front of my amplifier, works fine for just recording somthing, but when I try to record over things (like trying to a put a solo to some chords), it gets realy staticy, i can be playing clean and it sounds distorted.
Every program you would want is free.

Whether it's legally free or not is another issue.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by HLrocker
All i do is hook up a little mic to my computer, and set it in front of my amplifier, works fine for just recording somthing, but when I try to record over things (like trying to a put a solo to some chords), it gets realy staticy, i can be playing clean and it sounds distorted.

You are using headphones for playing the track while you're recording?
Maybe you have it too loud? Check the levels, the "blue waves" on Audacity shouldn't be full the whole time.
i use a comp mic., audacity (free, google it) and then i clean up each track with goldwace (also downloadable) and then bring it back to audacity and make a final mix.

haha but my music theory class (basically me, two other guitarists, a drummer and a keyboardist rocking out and getting full credit for it) is getting 16,000$ of recording gear soon (all we have at the moment is a souped up mac. but stuff should be here soon) haha i love braggin about that lol
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by ~G{}{}BER~
i use a comp mic., audacity (free, google it) and then i clean up each track with goldwave (also downloadable) and then bring it back to audacity and make a final mix.

haha but my music theory class (basically me, two other guitarists, a drummer and a keyboardist rocking out and getting full credit for it) is getting 16,000$ of recording gear soon (all we have at the moment is a souped up mac. but stuff should be here soon) haha i love braggin about that lol

Fixed