I was wondering what you guys thought of Line 6 Toneport. I was looking specifically at this version since its the cheapest, and the other ones seem like overkill. If any of you guys have it, could you tell me if its good/bad and if there is anything better could you suggest it? I'm looking to order on Amazon since I have a giftcard, but musiciansfriend is okay too.
*removed*
what kind of computer will you be using it with? they dont seem to like the usb ports on dells....
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
My friend has the GX and it works wonderfully especially considering the fact that it doesn't cost much. I'm sure there are a lot of people here with a lot more experience than me who will tell you otherwise, but I think it's worth getting.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by el-gilberto
what kind of computer will you be using it with? they dont seem to like the usb ports on dells....

Eh, a powerspec. I don't think that really matters...well, I hope not anyways.

By the way, the model I'm looking at only comes with GearBox 3.0, while the others come with GearBox 3.0 and Ableton Live Lite 6. Will that make much of a diference?
*removed*
This should be in R&R.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
This should be in R&R.

Really?

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
once the usb's arent underpowered it should be fine. apparently dell underpower theirs... because of this evry minute or so i just get white noise coming out of the speakers! if ur recording it doesnt record this white noise, but its possibly the most annoying sound iv ever heard! iv got a ux2 by the way....
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Quote by screamsoftly
Really?

Yes - I answer a couple of these same questions a day over there. Just do a search for "toneport" in Riffs and Recordings and you will get a ton of hits.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by el-gilberto

I had a UX-1 and its usb port was like, messed up!!
Quote by _Buxton_
I was wondering what you guys thought of Line 6 Toneport. I was looking specifically at this version since its the cheapest, and the other ones seem like overkill. If any of you guys have it, could you tell me if its good/bad and if there is anything better could you suggest it? I'm looking to order on Amazon since I have a giftcard, but musiciansfriend is okay too.

well thats ok for guitar recording but without an XLR port you cant do good vocals...you could try an adapter but i still suggest the UX1 over the GX...

amazon is fine to order off of