hey all, in two or three weeks im going to something thats like a guitar fair thing, basically people get together and there'll be guitars on sale, for trade, both new used and vintage. Im personally looking at getting a guitar there, but i dont know what, but i want to have enough money in case i see something i really like. however, i dont know how much to take. on the one hand i dont wanna miss out on a vintage les paul/ strat at a good price or something, but i also dont wanna be walking round with the worlds supply of gold in my pocket.

how much wud u take to one of these?
Take as much as you can dude, you never know what you might miss out on if you don't take enough cash
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
I'd go with whatever you can get your hands on. What if theres a really rad guitar and your stuck with no moneys. Better safe then sorry.
Bring your life savings and stuff it in a fanny pack, or those thingies that hide under your shirt.
300 grand should do.

Seriously though, id take no more than 4 grand
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
well i have about £3000 (about $6000 us) but im not sure how much im willing to spend until i see whatever it is u see. i dont think that i'd spend more than £1000, but does anyone have an idea about the prices of vintage guitars? i presume lp's are more than that
or better yet stick it in the bank and take a debit card with you. most official stalls and such have portable card machines nowadays. and besides if a card gets stolen it's easier to replace than all the money.
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
About $3500, I went to somethin like this, I'm still mad I didn't have a little more money, I missed out on a pretty good deal. You'll be sorry if you don't have enough.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Take as much as you can afford. Keep the majority of it in a bag in a rucksack, and keep a hundred or so in your wallet for small purchases. You don't want to be flashing huge wads of cash every time you find a plectrum you like .
Quote by CobenBlack
well i have about £3000 (about $6000 us) but im not sure how much im willing to spend until i see whatever it is u see. i dont think that i'd spend more than £1000, but does anyone have an idea about the prices of vintage guitars? i presume lp's are more than that

If you want a good condition, 50's Fender or Gibson sell your car and take out a second mortgage.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
yeah bank card's the way to go, most of the stalls should have portable checking machines, but i dunno, I see what you mean by not wanting to take a **** load of cash in your pocket though
Originally posted by slash_cobain
when the refrigerater tells u to kill stuff and then u do it and noone believes that the refrigerater would say such a thing and while all this is going on, the frige, sitting innocently in the corner, starts making anti semitic remarks
Hide some in your shoes... and underwear as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by Bonsaischaap
If you want a good condition, 50's Fender or Gibson sell your car and take out a second mortgage.

true but nevertheless about 4 grand should be a rather suitable amount tbh
Vintage VRS100 Custom 24
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Harley Benton HBR7-450FRBK (7 string)
Tanglewood Nevada FST 36
Hughes & Kettner ATS MKII
Vox Tonelab SE
Sennheiser E285 S
Danelectro free Speech Talk Box
Quote by blue_strat
Take as much as you can afford. Keep the majority of it in a bag in a rucksack, and keep a hundred or so in your wallet for small purchases. You don't want to be flashing huge wads of cash every time you find a plectrum you like .

Bolded is the important bit. However nice a guitar may be, is it worth spending the next month eating nothing but Tesco Savers beans?
Well, i've seen a '63 Strat, going for $7000. (It had to be refinished, it was VERY, VERY WELL LOVED. Oh, and the Pickups were upgraded to Fender '57-'62s.)
--------
But since you're into Les Pauls, i saw on eBay the other day a 1959 Les Paul TV yellow for 7k.
.......(_____)
.........( V )
../l-------\/
./ l 666 ll
.- ll.....ll

Evil Cow

I lurk, almost never log in, and like Hank Marvin and the Shadows.
Last edited by LimoZeen at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by MightyAl
Bolded is the important bit. However nice a guitar may be, is it worth spending the next month eating nothing but Tesco Savers beans?

Yes, it is.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
2-3 grand. And I advise you do a bit of studying on different guitars and reviews, so you don't buy a **** one.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yes, it is.

Well, I hate beans, so to me no guitar is worth that.
Quote by blue_strat
My posts: 14% importance .

You're doing better than me. Last estimate shows mine at 0.32%
Quote by piratemetalhead
2-3 grand. And I advise you do a bit of studying on different guitars and reviews, so you don't buy a **** one.

A **** 50s or 60s Fender Strat or Gibson Les Paul doesn't exist.

EDIT: I have a well loved Fender '62 strat i got for £2300
Last edited by Aldenté at Sep 17, 2007,
Put it in your sock man. That way if someone jumps you, you'll only lose a little money out of your pockets.