I play bass, and have done for about 3 years.

I recently bought a guitar (playing for about 3 months) and I'm gradually learning a bit.

Now, I have a keyboard in my room, so should I bother starting that? Would I benefit from it? Would it help me at guitar/bass at all (theory-wise)?

If you think it would be good to start, where's the best place to begin?

Cheers guys

Filth
Don't try too much too quickly. Focus on guitar for a bit and when you feel stable with that, try keyboard. And yes, it would help with theory and whatnot. You probably should've learned keyboard before learning any of those things. It helps you with basic music notation and note recognition. There are no easy ways out, like tab.
yeah knowing piano/key board really helps out with my guitar playing.... i'd go for it, but like led_zeppelin992 said, dont try to much at the same time....
UG's HIPPIE
Learn some more theory like chord triads and what not then really try keyboard cuz the theory will help
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Yes
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Piano/Keyboard can really help in the basic theory side of things, and its fun to muck about with
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
ya it really helps with theory; for me its easier to see the scales and understand how they fit together and with chords, plus it can be a great tool for recording bass lines or drumbeats if you have no better way.
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
Don't try too much too quickly. Focus on guitar for a bit and when you feel stable with that, try keyboard. And yes, it would help with theory and whatnot. You probably should've learned keyboard before learning any of those things. It helps you with basic music notation and note recognition. There are no easy ways out, like tab.

Yeah, I'm not doing too much on guitar, just learning chords and playing the odd song. I'll probably continue doing that for a while until I've got to grips with it, then start on the keyboard.

Now, back to the second point, what do you guys think is the best way to learn? Without lessons, because I'm not planning on taking it too seriously, I just thought it would be useful to know a bit.

So yeah, any websites, programs, or eBooks you reccomend?

Cheers
Quote by filthandfury
Yeah, I'm not doing too much on guitar, just learning chords and playing the odd song. I'll probably continue doing that for a while until I've got to grips with it, then start on the keyboard.

Now, back to the second point, what do you guys think is the best way to learn? Without lessons, because I'm not planning on taking it too seriously, I just thought it would be useful to know a bit.

So yeah, any websites, programs, or eBooks you reccomend?

Cheers

Eh...lessons are probably the best way to go. But then again, it depends on how you learn. Did you learn bass with lessons or just on UG or something? Some people, like myself are completely lost without somebody to guide us. Other people can struggle along and figure it out themsevles. But honestly, it's up to you. Whatever you want man.
Quote by Led_Zeppelin992
Eh...lessons are probably the best way to go. But then again, it depends on how you learn. Did you learn bass with lessons or just on UG or something? Some people, like myself are completely lost without somebody to guide us. Other people can struggle along and figure it out themsevles. But honestly, it's up to you. Whatever you want man.

Bass I've had lessons for about 2 and a half years, guitar I've just taught myself and picked it up with some knowledge from bass.
Hmm...I guess you could since you do have a keyboard. Personally I'd rather stick to one and become great at that one.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
I still have bass lessons, and will continue with those, just I have some spare time and a keyboard... I will probably just start off slowly, might be able to dig up a few of those kiddie starter books from down in the cellar, and see if I can progress gradually.