I've heard a lot of good stuff about Line 6 amps, and I the next music-related thing I plan to by is a nice amp. I got a good guitar, just need a good amp, some effects, and I'll be good to go. So I was wondering if anyone could recommend me some good models and maybe their price ranges?
The Vetta is the best amp, and I wouldn't buy any other amp from Line 6. The Variax guitars are wicked! and the DL-4 is one of the best delays out there.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Well as long as it's not a Spider, Line 6 are decent amps, but if you only play a few styles of music, or you know what styles you like and don't need to experiment, you're better off with a good tube amp. So what's your budget, and what styles of music do you play?
As said above the spider is a poor amp for the price you pay. But Line6's other amps arnt too bad
Ok DONT go near the Line6 series then go with a nice tube amp maybe look at Mesa and peavey?
Ok first things first, post a new thread that states you have 1500 to spend and what sound your looking for you'll get 3x replies
Shellshock, just an FYI...
Line 6 has come out with a new amp with the helping hand of Reinhold Bogner - as in Bogner Valve amp.

It's a love child that Line 6 created with him.

The best of solid-state modelling amps and the best of tube amps combinded... they've only just announced it a couple weeks ago. Also, the amps have yet to hit the market yet (Sept.30 is the expected date i think).

I'm patiently waiting to see what user reviews are on them.

Hope this helps.
^Yeah, I want to try that thing pretty badly myself. If you wanted to wait that long TS, you could try it out, but don't make the mistake of ordering it. Nobody knows if it's going to be good or not.
sorry guys...im goin to have to go the opposite way and say the spider III are fantastic amps for the money...well at least the 75 watt and above...for $300 u can have any sound u want basically...with a crap load of presets that sound pretty close if not dead on to the song....now that thats over with...for $1500...no way line 6....plus lets remember that the spider amps are geared mostly towards metal music and do a pretty good job....any other type of music,,,,prob something else
for $300 you can have any kind of sound u want but in a ****ty quality. yea. i said it. my friend has a 2x12 75w spider. it's horrible.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well ill have to admit i had to really play around with the settings ...but once i did i made some pretty decent presets....for someone who is just starting out and doesnt want to buy a bunch of pedals...these do just fine
what the hell?...the micro cube?...ha...maybe a cube 60....those arent so great at heavy metal....line 6 spider amps are geared for heavy metal...like i said before...if you play mostly any other type of music...then the spiders arent for you...but anyone who plays mostly hard rock to metal...they're awesome....but ill prob be selling mine for that spider valve....gotta hear it first
Quote by twinturboaudi
sorry guys...im goin to have to go the opposite way and say the spider III are fantastic amps for the money...well at least the 75 watt and above...for $300 u can have any sound u want basically...with a crap load of presets that sound pretty close if not dead on to the song....now that thats over with...for $1500...no way line 6....plus lets remember that the spider amps are geared mostly towards metal music and do a pretty good job....any other type of music,,,,prob something else

I have to disagree with your statement for them only being metal amps. I think they sound completely horrible on their metal settings (especially insane, that's the most disgusting distortion I've ever heard, and that's not a good thing). The only reason I'd even consider buying one is for their lower gain settings, but even then, why would I do that when I could buy a used Blues Junior for the same price or a new Vox...

As said before, don't even go near Line 6 with your price range.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^^TBH, I think the metal settings on my Spider sound worse than the other settings. And that's saying something, because the other settings are utter crap.

I think you shouldn't give advice in areas you have no experience in. You might have been playing guitar for 20 years, but that doesn't mean you know what good tone is.
hey man. i've owned a spider for about three years, the one with the two 25watt speakers. It's got some cool settings, but for the most part, if you're not willing to fight with your amp to find the perfect settings, it's a real pain Since i got sick of finding the "perfect" channel settings, I've stuck with my frontman 25r thru a PA for all my shows, but if you're in the price range for modelling amp, do yourself a favor and buy a tube amp.

all the effects you want are done much better by pedals. Usually Boss pedals. If they're not, and you really want line6, the vettas are pretty sick. I'm a big fan of the cybertwin, and the vetta sticks right up there with it.

That being said, the spider is for sale.
to each his own i guess...just trying to state an opinion...and when i was buying a new amp two months ago....and trying all the ones in this price range..this was the only one that did everything i needed it to...and the sound was ok for practicing on....i wasnt telling anyone to buy it
Quote by kcap122
hey man. i've owned a spider for about three years, the one with the two 25watt speakers. It's got some cool settings, but for the most part, if you're not willing to fight with your amp to find the perfect settings, it's a real pain Since i got sick of finding the "perfect" channel settings, I've stuck with my frontman 25r thru a PA for all my shows, but if you're in the price range for modelling amp, do yourself a favor and buy a tube amp.

all the effects you want are done much better by pedals. Usually Boss pedals. If they're not, and you really want line6, the vettas are pretty sick. I'm a big fan of the cybertwin, and the vetta sticks right up there with it.

That being said, the spider is for sale.

i completely agree...but i didnt want to buy all the pedals...im mostly just trying to learn guitar at this point...only a little over a year into it....and the vettas were higher price range...u guys are all correct and i knew it wasnt the best sound piece of equipment when buying it...its the versatility that sold me..i upgraded from a micro cube...and the 400 presets with 200 songs is a cool feature when learning those songs...
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Sep 12, 2007,
if it's a 212 amp with 100+ watts and in the $300 price range then you know it's a piece of ****... especially if it's loaded down with tons of presets and effects.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by mazohysthoney at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by FRDesign
The Micro Cube and Vox AD are way better.

wtf ?
read his post again, but slower this time.