Put the ZR in the RG Tremolo series instead of the Edge 3.

The S is about the same price as your average RG Trem, so the ZR would make it 10000000x better.

BTW, My Edge 3 works great still, although the finish on it is falling off.
they have Edge Pro bridges in the prestige series, that's why there's a price difference.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
You've been reading my thread haven't you

Yeah I agree though. I think Ibanez should make it optional to switch out any of their guitar's bridge for the ZR system...but then again they'd have to carve out the back too since the string tension knob is back there for easy access.

As I said in my thread and all of my threads this past week, I can't see myself using any other tremolo system than the ZR system after I tried it.
people would pay a lot more than $50 for the addition of the ZR, it would definitely be a wise investment for ibanez as the ZR tremolo isn't much more expensive to produce than the Edg 3. ZR is still relatively cheap materials, but as it doesn't wear away it doesn't require expensive material
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I'd rather pay more for an Edge Pro. No crappy plastic parts on them beauties.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
people would pay a lot more than $50 for the addition of the ZR, it would definitely be a wise investment for ibanez as the ZR tremolo isn't much more expensive to produce than the Edg 3. ZR is still relatively cheap materials, but as it doesn't wear away it doesn't require expensive material

The problem is... most people who would buy those lower end RGs has probably no knowledge whatsoever about guitar *cough*TS*cough* myself included, they probably wouldn't know that much about the difference that a ZR trem would make.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
The problem is... most people who would buy those lower end RGs has probably no knowledge whatsoever about guitar *cough*TS*cough* myself included, they probably wouldn't know that much about the difference that a ZR trem would make.
Mines a Mid-Range RG, its not a POS GRG or a Prestige.
Quote by FRDesign
Mines a Mid-Range RG, its not a POS GRG or a Prestige.

GRG is not even a RG... I was refering to the edge III anyway. + what's up with the MG15??

Don't worry man. Everyone made mistakes when they first started. I had a MG10CD and a RG370 as my first.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

That's uneconomical. All Cort S bodies are routed for ZR, and all Cort RG bodies are routed for EIII. Minimum divesity, maximum uniformity. Two conveyors chugging out those things at full efficiency. Want a different route on an RG body, then you have to split your production, and make less EIII RGs which already sell all too well.

And ZR doesn't have any plastic parts in it - it's all made of some kind of metal. Edge Pro however does.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by p.stick
GRG is not even a RG... I was refering to the edge III anyway. + what's up with the MG15??

Don't worry man. Everyone made mistakes when they first started. I had a MG10CD and a RG370 as my first.
lol, I'm trying to sell the MG. And I'm saving up to get an OFR put in my RG, because the Guitar itself is awesome. Mabye new pups later but they are fine for now.
Quote by pifty
That's uneconomical. All Cort S bodies are routed for ZR, and all Cort RG bodies are routed for EIII. Minimum divesity, maximum uniformity. Two conveyors chugging out those things at full efficiency. Want a different route on an RG body, then you have to split your production, and make less EIII RGs which already sell all too well.

And ZR doesn't have any plastic parts in it - it's all made of some kind of metal. Edge Pro however does.
Then make all RG's have a ZR like the S.
Discontinue the Edge 3, or at least use all metal parts on it. Because when the Edge 3 actually works, it works pretty good. I tune my guitar maybe every week or so.
Quote by FRDesign
Then make all RG's have a ZR like the S.
Discontinue the Edge 3, or at least use all metal parts on it. Because when the Edge 3 actually works, it works pretty good. I tune my guitar maybe every week or so.

I'm no Hoshino marketer, but if I were one, I probably wouldn't want my $400 guitars to take away the market share from my $600 guitars. There's a reason cheap RGs have the EIII, and there's a reason that even the non-prestige S series are not at all cheap.

You buy a cheap guitar, you get cheap hardware. An RG350 with the ZR won't be cheap, and won't cost $399, so Ibanez won't have a product in that price segment. And they need a product in that segment, since those guitars are the ones that sell the most.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
That'll never happen. If they put ZR on the Tremolo RGs, very little would still buy the Prestige. I'm not too fond of the Edge Pro either anyway, which is why I got the RG 20th, original Edge >all others.
i've played the RG1570 side by side with my ibanez, and honestly...there's like no difference..except the trem feels a tad bit different, but that's to be expected, and besides, my edge III has been holding perfect tune for a year now, oh well, lol, i would rather just buy an S for the ZR, but that is a good idea TS, and i agree about your guitar, i like it