Well I'm not really much of a n00b overall, but I am with customizing. I have a cheap Silvertone guitar from WalMart, but I can't mod it. When I open the pickguard the springs come out and I can't put the PG back. I had to pay a guy last time I tried. Is there a tut for putting the springs back? I will put a link to the guitar, and I hope you can help me. Under the Guard is all hallow pretty much, its so fun.

http://cachepe.zzounds.com/media/quality,85/brand,zzounds/p25932h-10a8fcc920a79350ba36410171c2150e.jpg
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
...Wow... I'm an idiot. So your 100% sure thats it? If it is I feel like an idiot. I too off every screw, so its 100% possible.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
yeah for sure you should only have to unscrew the pickguard not the pickups themselves
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Haha, yeah I really never thought about that. Thanks. Oh another question, is it better to just fix this guitar up or buy a new one? I think I should get a new one for the wood and that, but I'm not sure.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Oh I have about 600$. I've been planning on buying an Ibanez. I can get a nice one fore pretty cheap.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Its had the biscuit, or so to speak. Things are falling apart. It would take a huge number of repairs.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Classic Rock, Grunge, Rock, and the VERY OCCASIONAL Metal. But like it says in my sig, I have my Takamine Acoustic, so I'm in no huge hurry for new gear.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 9, 2007,
I was acutely looking for a G-400. I just can't find one anywhere, and I just can't order online. I was really set on one too.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Yeah, I think mine really plays well. Ask your parents to order online for ya man, it really opens up your options.

I mean, check out this sexy beast:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hagstrom-F200P-Electric-Guitar?sku=513349
Or this one:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Glory-Electric-Guitar?sku=513848
Oh its not a parental issue. Its just the fact that I cannot try them, and by the time you pay shipping its not worth it. The G-400 & a Hardcover Case is already about 450$ CAD.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Ah. Well, Google for local guitar shops in your area. Also check your local Craigslist.

I think, a lot of the time, as long as you know what you're doing, ordering online can be safe.
Check reviews on Harmony Central, ask people on forums (like UG), and order form a place with a good return policy.
http://mf.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/mf.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1331&p_created=1145911924&p_sid=4Zl4cjLi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0yNzcmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1
45 day return policy...Sounds good to me.
Like I said, shipping is my main issue. I'm checking CL a lot. We only have 2 shops in town, none of them carry Epi's.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well, whe i meant google more shops, I meant, be prepared to go out of town, to neighboring cities, to check out Epi's. I sometimes have to drive 20-40 minutes to check out shops I wanna see. Although, Michael Kellys and Hagstroms are excellent. Hagstroms have very comfortable, fast and thin necks. Great playability. Michael Kelly's are pretty much gig-ready out of the shop, haha.
Were pretty up north. The closest place would be 5 hours away, which really isn't something I will do unless I have to. There are many Ibanez's down here, but thats about it in my price range.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Well I will check them out, but I seem quite set on an Ibanez. I can get a great deal on one.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.