i currently play using two fingers, but would like to develop playing with three fingers. anyone know and exercises to develop this?

EDIT: and by the way i play a 6string tuned low to high BEADGC
Last edited by brush200400 at Sep 9, 2007,
Try playing some Maiden. Like Run to the Hills.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by brush200400
thanks. i am also looking for some exercises as well

Just play scales, but with tripplets for each note.
The.
Quote by SOADrox429
Try playing some Maiden. Like Run to the Hills.

I find Maiden is only really helpful to learn a "galloping" style, which is just 3-2-1-3-2-1.

When I learned "Steve DiGiorgio's" (I put it in quotes because I'm sure he hasn't invented it, but he definitely knows the benefits of it) technique, I found it helped my speed and playing quite considerably.

Practice going 3-2-1-2-3-2-1-2. It's not the same as galloping, as it's not triplets, but it will help you with general speed - it's faster to do it that way than 3-2-1-3-2-1 constantly. Once you get it going up and down the strings, you'll be good.
i found that holding a pick in my thumb/index then doing normal 2 finger playing with middle and ring fingers increased my coordination in those fingers and now i can do 3 fingers really well--just use middle and ring and hit the lowest string for as long as possible--build up strength and stamina for ur sofar unused fingers.
Quote by its irrelevant
i found that holding a pick in my thumb/index then doing normal 2 finger playing with middle and ring fingers increased my coordination in those fingers and now i can do 3 fingers really well--just use middle and ring and hit the lowest string for as long as possible--build up strength and stamina for ur sofar unused fingers.

Yeah, I've started to do that too. I was shocked at how weak my ring finger was.
If u go youtube and search for Billy Sheehan, he does a three finger technique where you actually use 4 strums on three fingers if u know what i mean. Your first finger always changes.

so it would be:

1,2,3,4 - 1,2,3, 4 - etc.
R I M R_I M R M

-> Watch that video it makes alot of sence and you get alot of great exercises to try.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruTSsawJpcU&mode=related&search=
Quote by its irrelevant

thanks i will certainly use this excerise

Quote by vickers89
If u go youtube and search for Billy Sheehan, he does a three finger technique where you actually use 4 strums on three fingers if u know what i mean. Your first finger always changes.

so it would be:

1,2,3,4 - 1,2,3, 4 - etc.
R I M R_I M R M

-> Watch that video it makes alot of sence and you get alot of great exercises to try.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ruTSsawJpcU&mode=related&search=

i feel ya man. john myung, my bass guitar hero, also does a technique similiar to that