Page 1 of 3
Hey,

I did a search and found nothing similar to this, so here we go. It's a pretty strange idea but I'm sure it could go pretty well if the right people get involved.

So, basically, I was thinking, why not form a band online? As in, a recording band, where one member records their piece, another member records theirs etc. and finally all of the recordings are sent to a member who can mix them all together.

I just guess it could be the perfect answer to people who don't have musicians around them but still want to get involved in forming a band and recording.

If anyones interested I'll go on, but I'll leave it as this for now.

EDIT:

If you are interested, please PM with -

Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals)
Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.)
Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.)
Genres You like
Last edited by BlackMist at Sep 9, 2007,
I'm all for it. Feel free to send me a PM and let me know what you're looking for.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

i would be up for that. edit
Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Guitar.
Experience (Months, years): 1Year
Contact Details: db_92_texas@hotmail.com
Genres You like: Blues, Hard Rock
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Last edited by TeXaS_db at Sep 9, 2007,
I'm in!

I can play guitar too!! WOW, we're RARE!!!!!

LMAO
BLACK OVERLORD OF THE ORDER OF THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI! pm SGstriker to join!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
That'd be cool, but how could people actually write music? I mean, we wouldn't know what to play or how it sounds...
This is mostly going to be guitarists and bassists.. If this was serious it'd probably work better somewhere in riffs and recordings
Well, I can play drums for some people I guess. Shouldn't be a problem there.

We could write the material over, I don't know, Skype, MSN, AIM or whatever. When we get something down we record it and send it to each other, something like that.

So what sort of music do you guys play? Or, favourite genres?
blues, and hard rock
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
I'd join, but I think I'd suck to much and not really have much input. Sounds like fun though... >.>
i think we should separate a group of ppl in genres, who ever whats to play metal, blues, indie etc, goes into each group
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
I'm up for it.

Genres I play are blues, hard rock, metal, classic rock, prog rock, etc,.

You get the idea. And Ican play rythm and lead.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Ok, so it looks like we could get something going here, so I'm gonna ask that if you actually want to seriously get involved and getting writing some stuff, send me a PM with what you want to do in the band, your favourite genres, and your contact details, (i.e. Myspace, Msn, whatever.)

And Murasaki, it doesn't matter if you don't think your good, music isn't a competition, just about expressing yourselves. Feel free to get involved buddy
I'll play the drums. Although I have no idea how to do this.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
Everyone please check back on the original post, got some important information added for people who are interested in getting involved!
whos got some good pipes for vocals
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
Currently, we've got two guitarists and a bassist.

So, looks like we need a drummer and a vocalist. But, if lots of people are interested, then we can branch out and have a couple of bands going.
This is getting better and better!

Quote by Bennetts_strat
^Dude, he's an 02'er.... He could put you in dog collars and make you his bitch if he wanted.

YOU stop phailing.
haha this sounds pretty awesome, id be down for this, i play a little bit of guitar and more so bass and i play mostly rock/metal.

EDIT: im ok at writing, but id much rather do a cover song if anyones interested, thatd be sweet.
Last edited by lesclaypool101 at Sep 9, 2007,
im in i can write stuff okay and genres would be metal or hard rock guitar
so yeah if anything we can get going with this cuz all my friends have so such talent although like 5 play drums but we cant exactly make a band with a couple drummers and a guitar so im definetly in for this
UG Villians Club

DRACULA

Quote by James_Water2
I want to bring sexy back and then leave with it and when everyone is like holy crap where did sexy go I'd say I have Sexy and im bring it back again. But then Sexy will leave me and i will be homeless.
it definitely looks like we've got enough for more than one band.

Drummers, and ladies, step up step up!

*grin*

Quote by Bennetts_strat

YOU stop phailing.
i guess if your gonna have more then one band i might be up for it..
i play guitar, 6-7 months experience(but i've been told im ahead of most 6-7 month people i can play like all of stairway to heaven.. and a bunch of led zep songs that most guitarist with 6 months of experience can't play :P)
geners would be like clasic rock, and some new rock(RHCP)
Kai-7 Is co leading this thing with me btw, so any queries, contact him if you can't get to me or whatever!

So yeah, looks like we've got enough guitarists and bassist for about 3 or 4 bands. I'd be happy to play drums for anyone, but drummers are more than welcome!

All we need now are some vocalists, and I'm sure there are some out there

Girls more than welcome too!
maybe somebody should do a list of what people have said they are willing to play? and then could make bands based on that list?
So who's going to decide who's in what band or is a roster going to be put up (like lesclaypool metioned) and we decide who who we will be with?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Flemfloyd
So who's going to decide who's in what band or is a roster going to be put up (like lesclaypool metioned) and we decide who who we will be with?

The TS ? I mean wecould all chip in and help, using his template, as in the first post?

Me:

Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Guitar, backing vox

Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.) seriously-2.5 , but generally for 10,going 11

Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.) poopoohead@poomaildotcom

Genres You like: Rock, Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Lamb-Of-God Metal, Blues,Funk.

Quote by Bennetts_strat

YOU stop phailing.
Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Bass

Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.) about 2 years EDIT: almost 3 now that i think about it

Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.) PM me

Genres You like: Classic rock, rock, metal etc... But im a big fan of dream theater, rage against the machine, primus, jaco pastorius, and many more.
Last edited by lesclaypool101 at Sep 9, 2007,
Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Guitar

Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.) 7 months

Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.) jiouvina@hotmail[dot]com

Genres You like: Clasic rock, some new rock

The TS ? I mean wecould all chip in and help, using his template, as in the first post?

Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Rythm/lead guiatr (either way I don't mind)

Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.) 1 year and 9 months

Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.) PM me

Genres You like: Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Death Metal, Thrash Metal, Blues.

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Kai-7
it definitely looks like we've got enough for more than one band.

Drummers, and ladies, step up step up!

*grin*

i think we should c who wants to do what genre
My Music
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Danelectro Daddy-O
Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals): bass
Experience (Months, years, doesn't matter.): 2 years
Contact Details (MSN, Myspace, whatever.): AIM: ARCtrooper225
Genres You like: funk, ska, thrash mainly, but I'll give everything a chance
Instruments You Want To Play (Including Vocals) : Guitar, lead vox, backing vox, bass.

Experience (Months, years): 3-5 Years

Contact Details: yoyomofofosho@gmail.com

Genres You like: Rock, Funk.

whatevers leftover really, I'm not too worried, plus I've got a mic and stuff so I'll be able to record. Just email me.

Edit: Man, if we could get more than two bands going online and then have an online battle of the bands.... That'd be sweet.
I'd do it, but i dont have a way to record on my computer.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Page 1 of 3