I personally do not believe I am stupid. I certainly don't believe I am of extraordinary intelligence as well. However I have friends who dislike people simply because they are "stupid". By "stupid", I mean people who simply cannot do things as fast as others, such as mental mathematics, or being able to figure things out as fast as others. Sometimes (although this opinion of mine changes from time to time) I believe intelligence is relative.

Honestly, I don't believe stupidity has any relevance to do with how polite or generous a person is.

I once had a friend in one of my classes. If someone asked a question that one might declare as "stupid", he would always complain about those people to me after class. Needless to say he got on my nerves so much I stopped talking to him.

So my questions for this thread are;

Do you dislike stupid people?
Do you dislike stupidity in general?

I personally find that stupidity can be an excellent source for humour.
i think your friends don't like ignorant people.

ignorant people simply don't know a lot and aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

stupid people could be smart but they refuse to be and end up being obnoxious in the process.

i dispise stupid people.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
'I personally find that stupidity can be an excellent source for humour.'

I agree

And I dont dislike stupid people, I just sometimes dislike ignorant people
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
I am terrible at mental mathematics.

Quote by The Madcap

Do you dislike stupid people?
Do you dislike stupidity in general?

I dislike the ones that are lazy and choose not to learn when I'm trying to teach them.
Last edited by Metal claw at Sep 9, 2007,
stupidity has nothing to do with intelligence in my books, what it is making a statement that just defy's rational thought so in that respect I dislike stupid people but don't mind thsoe lacking in intelligence
I dislike annoying stupid people.

Not catching on is fine, but if you disrupt things because you can't learn something and ask the most annoying and obvious questions out loud, then there's a problem.

However if you're quiet about it and just get extra help on the side, then that's fine. You can't help that.

That's in school, though. As far as stupid people outside school, then no. There's nothing really wrong with not being able to catch on as fast.
I can't say I instantly dislike stupid people. Some people can combine being stupid with being nice/thoughtful or any number of positive things.
However, when people combine stupid with being nasty, or selfish, it all seems to build up to being someone I intensly dislike.
I don't care how smart or dumb someone is as long as they're good to hang out with.
I dislike ignorance and stupidity when it can be improved, especially if that person is complaining about it or slowing people down

But plenty of my friends arent the most academic types, but they're still smart and intelligent totalk to and hang with
Stupid people bother me, but I dont have anything against them.

Some of the smartest people in the world are d-bags. It's because compared to them, everyone else is retarded and they're constantly irritated from being around idiots. Issac Newton was a huge d-bag.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
No, I love them. Without them, whom else would I mock?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by scarfacesuit

ignorant people simply don't know a lot and aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

stupid people could be smart but they refuse to be and end up being obnoxious in the process.

i dispise stupid people.

Bwahahaha!

I'm sorry...
Member of the Invisible Children club
Learn More
Member of the "I love METRIC" fan club. PM if Metric loves you.
I don't hate stupid people, but being stupid doesn't mix well with many other traits, like being confrontational, or stubborn. I really don't like being confronted by stupid people, just shut up, I'm not going to explain to you why your wrong again.
I tolerate ignorance, because ignorant people don't know any better. But stupidity is something I just can't stand.
I think they're fun to hang out with. I don't like to have to think 100% of the time, and for me relaxation means relaxing my mind. So I love hanging out with people who aren't "stupid" exactly, but not as smart as I am. That way I can just relax and have a good time, not being expected to figure anything out or tackle any problems or have an intelligent debate with someone.
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by Bassist007
I don't hate stupid people, but being stupid doesn't mix well with many other traits, like being confrontational, or stubborn. I really don't like being confronted by stupid people, just shut up, I'm not going to explain to you why your wrong again.

I completely agree with you Bassist007

Quote by Arthur Curry
I tolerate ignorance, because ignorant people don't know any better. But stupidity is something I just can't stand.

Ignorance just annoys me sometimes, especially when music genres are involved, like a guy I know who listens to only dance music, and thinks anything in the metal genre is people slitting their wrists...

Tell me that's not annoying..
PiT LURK3R

Quote by _Mayday_
Fellow Transformers, it has come to my attention that we have the mighty Megatron in our midst!

Ninja of the Ninja Club
If you're not omniscient, then you're ignorant in something(s). Possibly many things.
Quote by scarfacesuit

i dispise stupid people.

Uh...You DISPISE stupid people? Pal, practice what you preach.

It depends on the person and the mood, really.
Member of the grammar nazis.

Quote by Firenze

I remember the first time I "shaved" my pubes. I'm not gonna go into details, but I will tell you this: to this day, I don't understand why I thought using a combat knife would be a good idea...
i loathe ignorants and stupid people, but am nice to them. Only because I'm a nice person...

i dont look down at a person because of his or her intelligence(or lack thereof) but i can't stand lack of common sense. that is a pet peeve of mine. maybe they area is greyed a little because i may see something as common sense and someone else might not... but i can't stand it when people dont pay attention
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Stupid people can be hilarious, but if a stupid person is convinced that he or she is right about everything, then I hate the person. Unfortunately, that deadly combination is quite common.
I hate people who are stupid in the way that wether they are right or wrong their way is the only way and no matter how much i explain theyre wrong they insist on being right. Or ignorant ppl.
ignorant people annoy me mercilessly

apparently if you listen to metal and play video games you are gonna be a murderer?
metal is all "slit my wrists and praise the devil"

i could not care less about wtf you listen to or wtf u think about what i listen to or do so spare me the time of explaining this to you over and over and just stfu and live with it. thats how much it pisses me off
UG Villians Club

DRACULA

Quote by James_Water2
I want to bring sexy back and then leave with it and when everyone is like holy crap where did sexy go I'd say I have Sexy and im bring it back again. But then Sexy will leave me and i will be homeless.
Quote by scarfacesuit

i dispise stupid people.

It's spelled despise, stupid.

I have a problem with people who are stupid because they never tried not to be.