im thinking of taking my first guitar which is a peavey raptor(circa 2004) and putting EMG single coils with a Dimarzio super distortion at the humbucker placement. also, i want to put grover tuners, a fender tremolo, a new pickguard, brand new knobs and a new pickup switch.

is this a good idea?
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
idk about the Fender Trem idea, but everything should work well. U cant wire active pickups with passive pickups tho. so if the EMG's are passive, ur good.
yeah the EMGs are passive. i dont like actives because of the fact that you have to change batteries.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
My 1984 Peavey Patriot has a tremolo visually identical to the one on my Squier Strat, so as far as I know it should work, but I haven't pulled them both and measured everything with micrometer and calipers. You might check with a local guitar tech and see if someone might know...The only difference I'm sure of is the tremolo arm has different threads, that should be no problem, just make sure you get a new arm with the new bridge.

The rest should be no problem, make sure the tuners you plan to use will match screw holes etc. That should be no problem, the popular brands pretty much all made to be interchangeable.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
Why don't you just get all active EMGs?

You realise you only have to change the battery like once a year right? Maybe every 6months if your OCD.

If you're not going active then I wouldn't get EMG single coils, some other brand will be much better probably like Dimarzio or something. EMG passive pickups are nothing great.