Hey, I'm probably going to trade in my Marshall for a Blues junior as it's just too big for my needs.
My problem is the whole single channel thing. I've got a Boss SD-1, would I be able to get a sufficient overdriven tone without cranking it up to 11?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
^i don't know what u mean by "sufficient overdriven tone". what kind of overdrive?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I think that would work great. The sd-1 is a great pedal, i sold my tubescreamer and bought it. It has alot more warmth and a smoother tone than a ts9.
Quote by ECistheBest
^i don't know what u mean by "sufficient overdriven tone". what kind of overdrive?

I realise I was kinda vague there. I'm after a Steely Dan/John Butler style overdrive. So nothing really heavy, but with a bit o' balls

Edit: Also, do you guys think I should be able to get myself a straight swap for my amp (with Marshall 1936 cab (2x12))?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
Yeah, you can get a really decent overdrive with the preamp driven, and the master low. If not, the SD-1 would work I'm sure, as my Bad Monkey works great.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
^my BYOC TSclone works awesome too. can't go bad with a BJ. (except the treblyness of the speaker.)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^my BYOC TSclone works awesome too. can't go bad with a BJ. (except the treblyness of the speaker.)

Damn, I bet that TS works great. I've really loved the Bad monkey sound, but want to hear it with a TS808/TS9. I doubt I will end up with one though, since for the same price I can get an OCD.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
^lol? my TS clone is $85. True Bypass, asymmetrical clipping, super moddable parts. the enclosure is neon green and there's a Blue LED too!!!
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I think for those steely dan-esque overdrive tones a Blues Junior + OD pedal is going to do better than the JCM 900. I played one live, all the way cranked (on the 50 watt setting) and i really did not like it very much. Tons of gain, much better for thrash metal than classic rock.

Of course, it will sound better cranked.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
So what od pedal would you guys recommend? Stick with the SD-1? Would there be that much difference if i were to get a Ts9 or OCD?
Guitars:
Duesenberg Starplayer TV
Fender Jaguar
Indie PRS Copy
Faith Saturn E/Acoustic
Simon & Patrick SP12
Fender Jazz Bass
The SD-1 is a pretty nice pedal. I A/B'd it with my TS-9 and it was similar, but the gain was more grainy and there was a bit less of a mid hump.

You could get it keeley modded as well.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors