I'm gonna start gigging again soon, but since my band uses multiple tunings I need another guitar (I have 4 but 3 of them are completely ****ed).

Looking for something that not only sounds good, but really looks the part too. I played an LTD F-50 in town the other day, which was great and only 270 - problem is that I'm more used to V's. The guy suggested a Dean ML or a BC Rich Warlock but they were well over 300 which I can't afford. Any suggestions??
I play thrash/death metal and tune to drop B and C sharp if that helps any.
well dude... i play a SG which is amazing to me... if u like humbuckers i would suggest the SG but if u dont like it then i would go for a les paul maybe... what are the other guitars u use?
Speaking from experience just yesterday while checking out a possible new amp... I brought my viper100fm , played a bit, and started jamming out on a few other guitars, one of which was a F-50 ... The viper I've had for a while now blew the F-50 out of the water in terms of overall sound/playability . I may be biased though, i've been playing the viper for a few months now, and have grown accustomed to it... The 50 has a nice body style to it no doubt... But for 30 - 50.00 more you could take a nice step up. I also find that the setup on a Viper gives a much easier approach to palm muting, if you have access to one, I highly suggest giving it a try.

BC Rich - I've had my beast for a while now, and have played a few hours on some locks, they seem to have a decent sound to them for metal, the downside i've found for the lower end BC's is the work they put into putting them together, dings, wide spaces between the base of the neck and body... Also another thing you gotta think about with the overall shape of them, theres a reason I don't play my beast as much as some of my other guitars, mainly because of how easy it is to break certain areas, if you aren't carefull, mainly the head ( if you like to jam out with friends and plan on drinking, one wrong move, you just broke a tip off ) . That's the one major mistake I made when I purchased my first "full time " guitar, oooh look, it looks like you could stab someone with it! Not how carefull i'd have to be with it compared to some other guitars in terms of placement.
Quote by zeppelin5005
well dude... i play a SG which is amazing to me... if u like humbuckers i would suggest the SG but if u dont like it then i would go for a les paul maybe... what are the other guitars u use?

Dude Les Pauls use HBs too..
The LTD is fine, just whatever you do stay the **** away from B.C. Rich.

Their pickups are crap, you'll never get it sounding half as good as an LTD.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']Dude Les Pauls use HBs too..
Dont worry about the nubs

And dont get a Dean. Those things are made so cheap these days...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I think you should go the low end RG route. Cheap, reliable (hardtail one's are at least), and very metal.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Aye I might just get the LTD....

Then again, if I can rack up 660 I can get an ESP Max-600 (New Max Cavalera signature model). But I find it hard enough to save for band practice nowadays haha.

As for Les Pauls, I can't play them - the shape and weight make it completey uplayable for me.