What does it mean to play a chord that says G/B and how do you finger it. Thanks
Yes it means play the chord (G) with a B in the Bass (the lowest note of the chord.)

-3-
-3-
-0-
-0-
-2-
---

Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

Quote by RPotts
Yes it means play the chord (G) with a B in the Bass (the lowest note of the chord.)

-3-
-3-
-0-
-0-
-2-
---

exactly

a lot of times you can just get away with playing the chord. in this case you could probably just play a G

but if you can figure out where it sounds best always add the bassnote
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by cmp10
What does it mean to play a chord that says G/B and how do you finger it. Thanks

I think it means this.

2nd fret A string B note, 3rd fret low E string G note. Open G chord in standard tuning.

E------
B------
G------
D------
A--2---
E----3-
A G/B chord contains the notes of a G major chord but a B is the lowest note played. The way that RPotts notated it is probably the most common voicing but technically, anywhere on the fretboard that you can position you fingers to play only G, B and D and B is the lowest note is going to constitute a G/B chord.
If you see a slash that means that the chord has an altered bass note. G/B has a bass note of B, which basically means you would invert the chord so that B was the bass note. However, as is the case above, when the note is already in the chord (as it is above) you can often get away with playing just a regular G major chord unless it is part of the phrasing of the song (ascending/descending basslines and the like).
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence