Well my birthday is coming up, and i am getting a Marshall JCM800 as soon as some money comes through from my aunt, so i was going to get some new pickups for my birthday. I was thinking about getting a Seymour Duncan Gearge Lynch Screamin Demon in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the Neck. is the Demon alright for stuff ranging from some bluesyer stuff and early Stones to harder stuff like AC/DC and Iron Maiden?. im not into Death metal and stuff so i dont need it to do that. and if it wont, what pups should i get instead?
Quote by Tubyboulin
Well my birthday is coming up, and i am getting a Marshall JCM800 as soon as some money comes through from my aunt, so i was going to get some new pickups for my birthday. I was thinking about getting a Seymour Duncan Gearge Lynch Screamin Demon in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the Neck. is the Demon alright for stuff ranging from some bluesyer stuff and early Stones to harder stuff like AC/DC and Iron Maiden?. im not into Death metal and stuff so i dont need it to do that. and if it wont, what pups should i get instead?

For that kinda music i wouldnt go for the Screamin Demon in the bridge. Even though im Dimarzio biased i have to say that if ur gonna be playing that kind of music you cant go wrong with a Super Distortion/PAF combo...
duncan definetly
Gear
Epiphone sg
Electro-harmonix Metal Muff
Behringer amp
behringer strat
k, the Dimarzio is a high output pup and the Duncan is a mid, isnt it? plus i was kinda hoping to get something with alot of Cut so if those dont have it then what does?
Ducan's Metal Live Wires work great for metal and other distorted guitar music.
well Iron Maiden themselves used the Super Distortion and Adrian Smith still does. It is good for getting those classic rock/classic metal sounds as well as some newer metal
Get a Norton for the bridge and a PAF Joe for the neck. Two of the most bad ass pick ups I've ever used.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Get a Norton for the bridge and a PAF Joe for the neck. Two of the most bad ass pick ups I've ever used.

I reckon you're prety much spot on there to be honest. You can argue a case for the Breed in the bridge if you want a serious boost to the lower midrange, but the Norton is a great choice...it just gets overlooked because they didn't pay anyone to wank over it
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a Screamin Demon in the bridge of my PRS Santana. I like it, but it came like that...so I dont have anything to compare it to.

Its very precise and clear.
Ok, so I have owned a few guitars with Screamin Demons in them and I think it would do the ACDC and Stones well and can even do a little metal. It is a medium output humbucker so it is not like a JB or Distortion (other duncan pickups) but ACDC and the stones don't use High output pickups. I think the Screamin Demon will work with Iron Maiden cause I used it for 80's rock. Just my opinion
My Gear:

Fender Strat w/Duncans
Hand Built(by me) guitar w/Duncans
Ibanez RG321MH
Bugera V22
Peavey Vyper 30 Watt
Xotic BB Preamp
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Digitech Hardwire Chromatic Tuner
Fender T-Bucket Acoustic
Digitech Bad Monkey