I got my permit this summer and I took a drivers ed course. I wouldnt consider that real driving because you can't really screw up when you have an instructor with a gas and brake pedal. Today, I drove for the first REAL time with my dads 2007 altima. I started out great, I drove for about 30 minutes without an flaws on the highway. When I turned around to go back home, i started running into some problems.

When coming off the highway, I accidently went into the wrong lane, cutting some guy off.

A car was in my blind spot and when I tried to get over, I realized that I was about 2 feet away from crashing, luckily I didn't.

When pulling out of my neighborhood onto another street, this guy was coming. Well, i didn't see that he had his blinker on. When i pulled out, we almost crashed....

So yea, that was around 2 o clock and I just went out a few minutes ago, and i did much better but still

anyone have any funny, or not so funny first time driving stories?

EDIT: i have a permit, not a license. I am 15
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Sep 9, 2007,
just today
almost crashed into someone cuz my dad said the lane was clear
XP

first day legally driving too
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Try driving in the northeast where if you slow down 3mph to make a turn you get the finger, and 4 second horn, and a very italian sounding line of curse words
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
mmm my mom was like "BREAK BREAK!!!" she yelled it so i slammed down on the break.
The first time I drove with my dad, I pulled into the driveway and almost rammed the garage door (our driveway is a steep mofo, so I thought I'd have to gas it a little.. not so much).

Other than that, no. No funny stories. Then again, I've never driven on any main roads. Just neighborhood roads and the back roads.
Spiral Out
i get my permit tomarrow...lol, cheers
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
Quote by x/taluha
mmm my mom was like "BREAK BREAK!!!" she yelled it so i slammed down on the break.

i like the details in that story.
Paul Gilbert
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
i turned 16 today and i plan on getting my g1 this week,im kinda nervous about driving for the first time though
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
wow. either you're a horrible driver or I'm amazing...

+1. Exactly what I thought. Non-Asian pride!
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
I drove fine my first time
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
First time on the road, I didn't see a 4-way.

'nuff said
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
What the hell is this about a permit? Here in Ontario (and all of Canada I think?), you have to be at least 16 to get a G1 license which means driving with a licensed driver in the passenger seat. Someone enlighten me?
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
wow. either you're a horrible driver or I'm amazing...

same...

Quote by Hugsy
What the hell is this about a permit? Here in Ontario (and all of Canada I think?), you have to be at least 16 to get a G1 license which means driving with a licensed driver in the passenger seat. Someone enlighten me?

Thats what a permit is, then after x amount of months (differs state to state) you can get your license
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
When I had my license about 2-3 weeks I backed into a parked car near my friends house and took off. I was scared ****less for weeks.

When I had my permit I was driving with my dad and I brushed up against another car somehow and my mirror fell off.
Quote by Hugsy

That's basically the same thing as a driving permit.

Quote by Fuzzycows5157
Try driving in the northeast where if you slow down 3mph to make a turn you get the finger, and 4 second horn, and a very italian sounding line of curse words

The truth.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

A car was in my blind spot and when I tried to get over,

erm.. So why didn't you check your blindspot before changing lanes?
i get my permit wensday which is also my 16th birthday wahoo!
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
first time i drove a car i was hung over and the person i was with laughed at me for most of it
Some fuck head cut me off (the lanes were kind of confusing) and it ended up as 2 cars trying to squeeze into 1 lane beside each other. It was pretty awkward too... we both stop... wait for one of us to go... then both go at the same time. Kind of like when you're walking in a hallway and someone is in your way so you both move to the same side.
Quote by Henry Polfave
i get my permit wensday which is also my 16th birthday wahoo!

Cool. I got my license ON my 16th b-day. It's been about 5 months, and I already got a dang speeding ticket. I didn't care about paying 101 bucks (I make that in a day) but the insurance is raping me up the anus.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
wow this is like the on eplace i can come to in order to feel special about having my license... now where can i go to feel special about driving a stick?
Quote by guylee
wow this is like the on eplace i can come to in order to feel special about having my license... now where can i go to feel special about driving a stick?

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/stickdrivers/
Join the cult, my stick brother
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
Quote by evan1234567
thats my group! I wasn't a terrible driver when I first started just some things the instructor said quickly..our drivers ed car was an 07 chevy impala SS and it seemed to either barely go or kick down fast.

I was at a stop light with cars behind me and I was looking around and he's like ITS GREEN!!! so I floored it with my quick reaction times. and squealed the tires pretty damn good taking off across the intersection. it was pretty funny, got the instructor laughing.

I've had my license all summer now.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
I have my permit now and im getting my restricted tomrrow and I'm 14. O and Im a pretty good driver

Where do you live?

Quote by guylee

America .
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
yesterday i crashed to another car, the motherfker went into a highway and didnt gas it up i tried to break i couldnt and slammed him. I lost pretty much my bumper and my plate fell but i got it back. the other guy his rear bumper is now a two-tone and his trunk doesnt open anymore