Page 1 of 2
My band needs a good song to play in our talent show, something a lot of people know, but somthing that's not a poser song. Something slightly heavier than The Rolling Stones, Rush, and Led Zeppelin. Please no songs from Guitar hero.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Walk!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
4am Forever - Lostprophets
Always - Saliva
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
i say play an acoustic version of Straight Outta Compton by NWA. No one does that.
plus i say this to everyone and no one has done it yet >=(

Hmmm in your situation I would play Cast Down the Heretic by Nile. That song is pretty accessible. Most teachers like it too. Or like three-dimensional defect by Decapitated. That's a nice song to get the audience really singing along.
Last edited by Papathurzday at Sep 9, 2007,
Chocolate Rain
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Sick, Sick,Sick would be awesome. Maybe Little Sister. Both by Queens of the Stone Age btw. Master Of Puppets. That would just be awesome if u do it right.
sorry but my band members aren't really Metallica fans
Quote by Napalmdeth
crazy train?

Oh God, will people stop suggesting that?!

Anyway, do some acdc, like you shook me all night long, or back in black. rock and roll ain't noise pollution is a good one too.
i would stick away from highway to hell, except for an encore. It's too well known, but not as bad as crazy train.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by jaggerbush320
sorry but my band members aren't really Metallica fans

Alright then...

You could try some Maiden if your vocalist good enough?

Or, you could do Mr. Crowley- Ozzy

Not that well known, but known to anyone who's even a slight fan of Ozzy/Sabbath.
then you need to get a new band
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
You could play one of rush's heavier songs, like yyz or something.
Yeah Dimebag is not the "Greatest Guitarist" of all time... Hendrix maybe... I must go get food to eat with my mouth

$250 for an amp? wow. is it worth it to invest that much in the amp?

I'm still thinking Chocolate Rain would be the crowd pleaser. You could throw in a barrel roll at the end of the song if you want.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
Quote by jaggerbush320
My band needs a good song to play in our talent show, something a lot of people know, but somthing that's not a poser song. Something slightly heavier than The Rolling Stones, Rush, and Led Zeppelin. Please no songs from Guitar hero.
and why can't it be something from guitar hero? there are plenty of good songs on there...i don't see why because it's been on a video game it suddenly becomes completely off limits...
anyways all of these would be good choices i think...

Black Sabbath- War Pigs/ Paranoid/ Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden- Fear of the Dark/ The Trooper/ Number of The Beast
Judas Priest- Breakin' the Law/ You Got Another Thing Commin'
Dio- Holy Diver
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Last edited by RageAgainst... at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by Papathurzday
Hmmm in your situation I would play Cast Down the Heretic by Nile. That song is pretty accessible. Most teachers like it too. Or like three-dimensional defect by Decapitated. That's a nice song to get the audience really singing along.

He knows what hes talking about.
im hot for teacher - van halen

how perfect would that be
You are now blinking manually
It's not that I don't like songs from Guitar Hero, its that I think they're overplayed, I'm a bassist and I can't tell you how much I would love to play YYZ. But we're not going to. Somebody suggested Van Halen, something like that, but somebody's already playing Van Halen, but something of that genre.
I cum blood - Cannibal Corpse

last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Quote by jaggerbush320
It's not that I don't like songs from Guitar Hero, its that I think they're overplayed, I'm a bassist and I can't tell you how much I would love to play YYZ. But we're not going to. Somebody suggested Van Halen, something like that, but somebody's already playing Van Halen, but something of that genre.
so you want generic hair metal then? bummer...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

i say you start and play liike the first 10 seconds of some really emo song like a norma jean(or the like) song and then just stop and have the singer say something like"did you really think we were gonna play that ****?" then start playing something awesome like lamb of god's foot to the throat.
Billy Squire- The Stroke or Stroke Me whatever you want to call it
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by jaggerbush320
not nessecarily hair metal
well...how would you describe van halen? they're glam/hair metal with a real good lead guitarist

i think you'd be best off going with heavy metal...it's accesable to most and there are plenty of recognizable songs out there
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Van Halen aren't hair metal.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
Van Halen was kinda Glam a bit with David Lee Roth, but i wouldnt call them Hair metal. but for a song, try Thunderstruck by AC/DC. Everyone knows it, and it isnt really played very much. and if all your band mates are good then try some crazy ass Power Metal just to impress the hell outta people.
AC DC, Guns n Roses, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beatles

never play metal at a talent show unless it is 80's, thrash, traditional or instrumental. this is what happened at my school. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yn4EIUgjh88
Save you gr1m metal for home.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by mw7 at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by slashVR
Van Halen aren't hair metal.
i'm always going to think of them as a glorified hair metal band...that's just me though...not really a fan honestly
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Page 1 of 2