Page 1 of 4
So, Gigantour 2007 has been announced (going to Aus first *cheers*). I'm pretty psyched for it, better lineup than last year.

2005 (USA only): Megadeth, Dream Theater, Anthrax, Fear Factory, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Nevermore, Life of Agony, Symphony X, Dry Kill Logic, Bobaflex.

2006 (USA): Megadeth, Lamb of God, Opeth, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Into Eternity, Sanctity, The SmashUp.

2006 (AUS): Megadeth, Arch Enemy, Soulfly, Caliban.

2007 (AUS only ): Megadeth, Static-X, DevilDriver, Lacuna Coil, Bring Me The Horizon.

2008 (UK): Megadeth, Job For A Cowboy, Evile.

2008 (USA): Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Job For A Cowboy, High On Fire

So, anyone been to previous ones/looking forward to the future ones? I would have killed for the 2005 to come down to Australia.
Last edited by Magero at Mar 27, 2008,
Sorry, I'll rephrase that. Better lineup than last year, FOR AUS. Last year was 90 bucks for Arch Enemy and Megadeth to ****ing own, and for Soulfly and Caliban to waste time. This year, same price, Megadeth, BMTH (stfu, I like em), Lacuna Coil, DevilDriver....to me, its twice as good. Static-X will probably get a ridiculously long set which annoys me.
Sorry if you like those bands, but BOOOOO! They better not come to the US unless it is just Megadeth.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
I think Australia always got the arse end of the Gigantour!
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
I would kill to go this year, but it's 18+ in Sydney, which is just stupid.

Bring Me The Horizon definitely made a BIG mistake by choosing to play at Gigantour.
Main reasons being that they're playing at a concert with Megadeth headlining, so the majority of people there will most likely hate them, and I don't think playing at 18+ concerts for them is such a great decision.

I personally love Bring Me The Horizon, so I was extremely disappointed to see that Gigantour was 18+ here.

I went last year, and it was quite good. Megadeth and Arch Enemy kicked ass.
you will fight death as you slowly realize...
would love me some Devildriver here at MO
ewwwwwww 2007 lineup sounds like ****. They better add great bands and remove sucky ones if they want me to go.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
I saw the 2005 tour in Cleveland..... ****ing sweet. Some real ****ty-ass bands there of course, but Megadeth-Dream Theater-Nevermore-Fear Factory-Symphony X is like a dream lineup IMO.
Quote by BLOODLETTING
I would kill to go this year, but it's 18+ in Sydney, which is just stupid.

Bring Me The Horizon definitely made a BIG mistake by choosing to play at Gigantour.
Main reasons being that they're playing at a concert with Megadeth headlining, so the majority of people there will most likely hate them, and I don't think playing at 18+ concerts for them is such a great decision.

I personally love Bring Me The Horizon, so I was extremely disappointed to see that Gigantour was 18+ here.

I went last year, and it was quite good. Megadeth and Arch Enemy kicked ass.

Yea, AE and MD owned last year. Caliban redeemed themselves slightly by doing a wall of death haha, but soulfly lost even more points by doing a 10 minute tribal drum solo (seriously....wtf).
Apparently the reason BMTH are touring with it, was some **** about not having a big enough fan base to warrant doing a solo tour.....*points at 4 billion scene kids wearing BMTH shirts in the city* yea.... And yea, its an odd lineup.... but, more scene kids to smash = better mosh. Teehee....

Quote by megaderrick
I saw the 2005 tour in Cleveland..... ****ing sweet. Some real ****ty-ass bands there of course, but Megadeth-Dream Theater-Nevermore-Fear Factory-Symphony X is like a dream lineup IMO.

......I hates yous.....seriouslys They should do a ....3rd year anniversary and bring all those bands over here.....now....<<....>>
^You're telling me dude. But, in Aus, this is like....mega-awesome for us. We get like 3 local (by local, I mean, where only local to each area bands play) festivals a year. And 1 of them is Overcranked, which means that only 1 stage is metal, the other 3 are punk or "hardcore". So yea, Gigantour is becoming a big thing for us. Personally, I've got my fingers crossed that the Summer Slaughter tour makes its way over next year.
Quote by Magero
^You're telling me dude. But, in Aus, this is like....mega-awesome for us. We get like 3 local (by local, I mean, where only local to each area bands play) festivals a year. And 1 of them is Overcranked, which means that only 1 stage is metal, the other 3 are punk or "hardcore". So yea, Gigantour is becoming a big thing for us. Personally, I've got my fingers crossed that the Summer Slaughter tour makes its way over next year.

Yeah, that's true. It's a sure of a hell lot better than where I live..it blows here. Well, it still sounds cool. If I had enough moeny, i'd go to both, Wacken and Gigantour.
Oi, Wacken isn't age resticted is it....I can't imagine it being "18+" or something. Cause most of the touring festivals we get down here (Festival Of The Dead is a perfect example) are 18+....which sucks. So yea..... Did anyone actually go to the Gigantour last year in the US with Opeth and stuff? I'm curious as to what it was like.
BAM! 2008 US lineup got announced (sorry to double post)

Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Megadeth, Job For A Cowboy, High On Fire

If this doesn't come to Aus, I'm moving to Alaska and dying in a blizzard.
^Thats....like...the exact OPPOSITE to what I was expecting....
Am I the only person on the planet who listens to more than one or two genres? Seriously...Everytime I bring up any of the gigantour's people start complaining about wasting money....
This year is ok. I don't hate any of the bands on the tour but I didn't care for JFAC when I saw them with Behemoth and Gojira. Really excited to see Bodom again and Megadeth for the first time. Hopefully In Flames' set won't be mostly newer songs. I haven't heard A LOT of High on Fire but what I have heard is pretty good. Should be a good show.
I really don't want to have to sit through Job For A Cowboy and Children of Bodom to see the others. And I think it was a great idea to include High on Fire, great band.
The following tentative dates have been released for Gigantour 2008, which features MEGADETH, IN FLAMES, CHILDREN OF BODOM, JOB FOR A COWBOY, and HIGH ON FIRE:

April 7 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
April 8 - San Diego, CA @ Cox Arena
April 10 - Los Angeles, CA @ Gibson Amphitheatre
April 11 - Phoenix, AZ @ Mesa Amphitheatre
April 12 - Albuquerque, NM @ Journal Pavilion
April 13 - Denver, CO @ Fillmore Auditorium
April 15 - Dallas, TX @ Nokia Theatre
April 16 - Corpus Christi, TX @ Concrete Street Amphitheatre
April 17 - Houston, TX @ Verizon Wireless Theatre
April 19 - Atlanta, GA @ The Tabernacle
April 20 - Louisville, KY @ Louisville Gardens
April 22 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
April 23 - New York, NY @ Hammerstein Ballroom
April 24 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
April 26 - Baltimore, MD @ Pier Six Pavilion
April 28 - Quebec City, QC @ Pavilion De La Jeunesse
April 29 - Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre
April 30 - Toronto, ON @ Arrow Hall
May 1 - London ON @ John Labatt Centre
May 3 - Detroit, MI @ DTE Music Center
May 4 - Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Center
May 6 - Chicago, IL @ T.B.A.
May 7 - Milwaukee, WI @ Eagles Ballroom
May 9 - Minneapolis, MN @ Myth
May 10 - Winnipeg, MB @ Convention Centre
May 11 - Saskatoon, SK @ Prairieland Exhibition Hall
May 12 - Edmonton, AB @ Shaw Conference Centre
May 14 - Calgary, AB @ The Stampede Corral
May 16 - Vancouver, BC @ Pacific Coliseum
2005 Gigantour is win. Some of my friends went. They tell me it was amazing.
I've found Jesus
They're actually coming to Louisville Looks like a pretty good lineup.

I'll have a bourbon.
I went to the 2007 Gigantour in Aus and it was worth it for DevilDriver alone. I reckon our 2007 line up for AUS is better than the line up that was just announced.
Hey that's a way better lineup than the 07 GIGANTOUR

Still nothing beats 2005. I wish I were an American, just so i could have gone to that.
Its looks like the line-up has gone downhill every year. For the US at least.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Gigantour 06 was an incredible show. One of the most fun and wild nights ive ever had an each band put on an awesome show.
MAgero I dont think it would be a waste of Money i personally like all those bands on the 08 lineup with the expection of JFAC
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
I saw Gigantour 2005 in Montreal and all the other Gigantours that came had bad boring lineups as you can see. Seeing the bands this year, I'm definitely not going.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
This is probably the worst lineup in the tour's history. 05 ruled with Dream Theater, Anthrax, Nevermore, Symphony X, and Bobaflex being the top bands (besides Megadeth), and 06 was good as well with LoG, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Sanctity, and Opeth all kicking ass. Really, who wants to go see a ****ing deathcore band, melodic death metal, plus COB? And in my opinion, High on Fire is just a sad imitation of Motorhead.
Quote by Felty666
And in my opinion, High on Fire is just a sad imitation of Motorhead.

Opinion incorrect.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Felty666
This is probably the worst lineup in the tour's history. 05 ruled with Dream Theater, Anthrax, Nevermore, Symphony X, and Bobaflex being the top bands (besides Megadeth), and 06 was good as well with LoG, Arch Enemy, Overkill, Sanctity, and Opeth all kicking ass. Really, who wants to go see a ****ing deathcore band, melodic death metal, plus COB? And in my opinion, High on Fire is just a sad imitation of Motorhead.

Yes. Who on earth could possibly stand to have a versatile taste in music, heaven forbid.
Page 1 of 4