Page 1 of 2
I mean, hardcore isn't what it uesd to be. Back in the 80's, hardcore was Hardcore Punk. Now it's some other ****. Atreyu; Chiodos; Ramallah. They're hardcore, but where's the punk? What's that about? Who started calling that hardcore ?
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
I mean, hardcore isn't what it uesd to be. Back in the 80's, hardcore was Hardcore Punk. Now it's some other ****. Atreyu; Chiodos; Ramallah. They're hardcore, but where's the punk? What's that about? Who started calling that hardcore ?

Your mother is up with hardcore......Music changes, deal with it...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I mean, hardcore isn't what it uesd to be. Back in the 80's, hardcore was Hardcore Punk. Now it's some other ****. Atreyu; Chiodos; Ramallah. They're hardcore, but where's the punk? What's that about? Who starte
d calling that hardcore ?

totally agree, it used to be AWESOME
Quote by BladeSlinger
Your mother is up with hardcore......Music changes, deal with it...

Actually my mom likes rancheras and corridos. But I know music changes, but look at metal. it's still basically the same, with different lyrics, new distortion levels and new vocal styles. But it's still metal . Hardcore has no punk left in it.
Hardcore used to kick ass with bands such as Black Flag I have no idea what happened to it.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Totally agree. The hardcore we have these days is a completely different genre to hardcore of the 80's and 90's. I really don't know why they were called the same thing.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Actually my mom likes rancheras and corridos. But I know music changes, but look at metal. it's still basically the same, with different lyrics, new distortion levels and new vocal styles. But it's still metal . Hardcore has no punk left in it.

True....Hardcore is still slightly punkish....maybe......nah...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Go away extreme.
The music changed, people like this, deal with it.
I'm a fan of new and old hardcore.
Besides, take it to the hardcore forum
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

im a fan of both.

i like bad brains, black flag, minor threat.

but then, i can honestly say im more into newer hardcore. like i killed the prom queen, the devil wears prada, horse, the number twelve.

its all good in my opinion.

edit: btw, those bands you listed are nowhere near hardcore. chiodos can lick my balls, and i always considered atreyu metalcore. get your facts strait.
Last edited by evan1234567 at Sep 9, 2007,
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

Of course. Metal is still metal, just with a totally different sound, different vocal styles and different lyric subject matter

Metal isn't what it used to be.
Quote by 1The_Trooper1
Of course. Metal is still metal, just with a totally different sound, different vocal styles and different lyric subject matter

Metal isn't what it used to be.

Metal still sounds like metal. Even if it's changed, it has a lot in common with the old stuff. New hardcore has absolutely nothing to do with old hardcore> I personally like to avoid calling it hardcore if I can.
Yeah a lot of genres go through this.

Metal did at one time, it's called the Glam Metal phase.

In ten or twenty years it's gonna die. Don't worry. It'll die eventually, it has too.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
you guys probably dont even know any new hardcore bands. senses fail, saosin and chiodos arent hardcore.
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

i really disagree with the metal part. sure its all still metal but its not basically the same, there was no bodom in the 80s.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by Alex The Red
Yeah a lot of genres go through this.

Metal did at one time, it's called the Glam Metal phase.

In ten or twenty years it's gonna die. Don't worry. It'll die eventually, it has too.

Yet even during the glam metal phase there were bands like Metallica. So you just cant all ALLL of metal turned gay at a time.
Its more of what part of a genre became popular.
Okay, for the examples of Hardcore you gave TS, yeah, not the greatest. But Hardcore is so fused with everything now. Original hardcore from the 80's hasn't changed. But now there's "Metal"core (which I don't really see as a genre because all Hardcore is somewhat Metal), and that's what most people are referring to as Hardcore these days.

If you don't like that stuff, try the more extreme/obscure/blended types, like Grindcore or Deathcore (My favourites).
Quote by evan1234567
you guys probably dont even know any new hardcore bands. senses fail, saosin and chiodos arent hardcore.

"You guys?" Yes, you are the only person on UG who really knows hardcore. Dumb fuck
Quote by Smokey Amp
You can take a noob to water, but you can't like make a noob drink. Y'know?

Don't be a fucktard. Only a teenage yeti would think back hair is cool.

Mackin' bitches and taking it back since 1990
Idiotic people just think bands like Atreyu are hardcore, which is a ridiculous statement. Have Heart, Terror, Madball, Dead Hearts, At All Costs, etc. are hardcore. The good stuff is still out there, you just have to look harder.
Quote by i'm a noob
is there a website with the location of dealers? i mean, i want to try weed for the first time, but none of my friends do it or anything, and i don't know where to get it. For safety purposes you might want to PM me.
Quote by gratefullydead2
"You guys?" Yes, you are the only person on UG who really knows hardcore. Dumb fuck

by 'you guys' i was referring to the people in this thread who were bashing it.
If you want some old school sounding hardcore, check out Recon. Otherwise this belongs in the hardcore forum.
dillinger escape plan is rather sui-genres yet still have major overtones of punk (well mostly in their older lyrics and frantic beats)
rock is not how it was 30 years ago
metal is not how its was 30 years ago
rap, hip hop isnt the same as the beggening
pop is not the same.
emo, when it started is not the same as it is now
punk is not the same as it is now.
hardcore is not the same as 30 years ago

DEAL WITH IT,
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by tehREALcaptain
dillinger escape plan is rather sui-genres yet still have major overtones of punk (well mostly in their older lyrics and frantic beats)

isnt sui generis broken up?
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Alright people have misunderstood my statement...
This new "breed" of hardcore, is decent, not as bad as the virus that infests the airwaves known as "Emo", but not my cup of tea.

But what im asking, is, why is it called "hardcore"? Did someone just use it as an adjective, and it stuck? or was it some guy who knows nothing abnout music, and thought it was hardcore punk and called hardcore?

Atreyu isn't heavy enough to be metalcore...

Deathcore and grindcore are unrelated, as grindcore infused early death metal with 80's hardcore punk, and deathcore infused brutal death metal with metalcore...

Music changes, I know, but it still retains familiar properties, such as lyrical content/vocal style and overall sound
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

yeah, its pretty stupid

i like chiodos, but theyre not hardcore
I think its not very punk, because punk these days isn't really that punk, especially if you choose terrible examples like the TS did.

what about evergreen terrace? theres some punk in there at least on wolfbiker.
Alright this has gone far enough: Nobody's answered my question, I have HxC fans on my case, some people who agree with me and two guys who have a hilarious sense of humor (no seriously, I laughed until I almost cried) by saying that I made my account just to post this and it's gone go on like this. So any mods come by this, just shut it down, cause there's no point in this thread's continued existance. It has long out lived it's usefulness, if it had any to begin with.

CLOSE THIS THREAD WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT
-The threadstarter
why did you ignore my post: dumb people call it hardcore because they under organize their music

its like calling linkin park rock and nirvana rock as well
Quote by lol internet
why did you ignore my post: dumb people call it hardcore because they under organize their music

its like calling linkin park rock and nirvana rock as well

i'm sorry i didn't see your post, but i thank for your answer. I still don't understand it, but at least you gave an answer, Thank you and whatver your beliefs in God or a similar deity are, may they bless you in one way or another (or if you have no religious/spiritual beliefs like me, just be happy)
Quote by evan1234567

Of course they aren't because they are POST-Hardcore.
just listen to the chariot or the devil wears prada, that's hardcore, not harcore punk, which is a different thing
D.R.I. dirty rotten imbeciles!! if you havent heard them.... look them up, THAT'S ****ing good hardcore man
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Alright this has gone far enough: Nobody's answered my question, I have HxC fans on my case, some people who agree with me and two guys who have a hilarious sense of humor (no seriously, I laughed until I almost cried) by saying that I made my account just to post this and it's gone go on like this. So any mods come by this, just shut it down, cause there's no point in this thread's continued existance. It has long out lived it's usefulness, if it had any to begin with.

CLOSE THIS THREAD WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT
-The threadstarter

Page 1 of 2