Alrighty, im upgrading my guitar with new pups and stuff and getting a new amp, so i was wondering what is the best Dual-Locking tremolo that would fit on an SG? with the best tuning stability and leaest tuning hastle. and what would it cost Canadian? Thanks
For the price it would cost you to put some sort of tremolo on your SG, you could buy a much better amp....
im gonna be completely honest with you.. thats a horrible idea, get like a bigsby type trem if you want one.
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by Tubyboulin
I am getting a new amp, a JCM800 to be precise...

Ohh nice... disregard my post then.
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, it doesn't hold tunign that well, no it isn't a double locking trem, and it only allows very smooth vibrato.
No dive bombs to be found. Same with the Stetsbar.
If you want a guitar with a trem, go buy one.

I really cant afford a whole new guitar, seeing as the new ampis gonna set me back quite a bit. im happy with the feel of my SG, i just wanted a trem on it
I honestly don't think you can even fit a double locking trem through an SG body (since they're so thin), and even if you could, it would end up costing more to put it in than just buying a cheap guitar with one in it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
TBH locking trems are a pain in the arse anyway. Unless you have other guitars to leave in different tunings then I wouldn't bother. Get another guitar if you really want one.
Alrighty, so since i cant fit a double locking on on, would a Gibson Maestro tailpeice be able to do some stuff? i wont be going crazy on it like Dragonforce, just the occasional Dive bomb or dime-squeel?
Quote by Tubyboulin
Alrighty, so since i cant fit a double locking on on, would a Gibson Maestro tailpeice be able to do some stuff? i wont be going crazy on it like Dragonforce, just the occasional Dive bomb or dime-squeel?

It isn't meant for pitch changes like that.
It's meant for smooth vibrato.
Tuning stabilioty is still pretty lame.

Seriously, if you want good divebombs and good ability to pull up, save up and buy a good trem-equipped guitar.
If you have enough to buy a good double locking trem... Then you should have enough to buy a cheap guitar with one on it, and if you don't, save a bit more. I'd recommend getting a cheap used fernandes with a sustainer in it. They're awesome with the trem, sustain for as long as you want on your dime squeals, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Tubyboulin
Alrighty, new guitar it is lol, and Matrix Claw, what is a Fernandes and whats a sustainer?

It's a guitar brand.

The sustainer is a "pickup" that you can turn on that comes in a lot of them and gives you infinite sustain.

Either that or I'd suggest an Ibanez S series, the Edge IIIs in the lower end RGs are eh. Jackson LFRs are also pretty good.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Tubyboulin
Isnt the S series supposed to be pretty crappy?

lol no, S series guitars are really nice actually. I prefer them over RGs anyday, the neck isn't quite as thin as the RGs, but it feels better to me. They also come with ZR trems which absolutely own.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Tubyboulin
Alrighty, ill have to look into them. Thankw Matrix, u know ur stuff.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com