Well ive had my guitar for about 5 months i got mine for free so it was just the guitar and the amp sounds nice and everything but it really hard to hold the cords cause there so high up like my Cosin is perfect nice and low so All my songs where better on his...

Like Freebird it gets kinda hard to play cause moveing so fast and i just get dead sounds somtimes..

and i need some Wrench or somthing to lower it but i have no clue what ur talking about
cause mine did not come with one..

So i got some image so maybe some one can help...

Suggestion on how to lower the strings would be great...
you need an allen wrench (the ones with an L shape) then you turn the screws on the saddles of the bridge (those 6 things on your neck)

btw, could you take a picture of the side of your bridge, you might have another problem too
take off the rear cavity cover and there should be some springs and two screws, tighten the screws going 1/4 turn at a time and then tune your guitar, repeat until the bridge is flush with the guitar and it is in tune. hope this helps and solves your problem.
You need an allen wrench.
Last edited by Alienguitar at Oct 27, 2007,
Quote by trem7
take off the rear cavity cover and there should be some springs and two screws, tighten the screws going 1/4 turn at a time and then tune your guitar, repeat until the bridge is flush with the guitar and it is in tune. hope this helps and solves your problem.

You need to learn how a trem works before posting such garbage as this. A strat style guitar's action is NOT adjusted this way. If the threadstarter takes your advice and does what you said, his whammy bar will be so messed up he won't be able to use it.

LeftyDave edit:
I'm editing this because I was in a lousy mood when I wrote the above. My appoligies. I had to go to the courthouse to deal with an issue that is really torking me off.
At any rate, there's some things of importance that I should note here that goes along with what I stated above. A strat style bridge/tremolo is multi adjustable. Each saddle can be adjusted for 1) Intonation 2) String height(action) 3) Matching the bridge to the necks radius. The entire tremolo/bridge assembly can also be adjusted at the front and rear as well, which is partially done from the inside back cover plate where the springs are. Note I said partially. If you look close at the tremolo plate, just under the strings as they are leaving the saddles, you will see a set of 6 screws. These screws are most important as they pre-set the leading edge of the tremolo plate so that the whammy bar functions correctly.
The link below is from Fender's site which details the entire set-up of this particular style bridge/trem.

http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php
Last edited by LeftyDave at Sep 10, 2007,
Lefty is right. Or at least partially right...

Also in the pic from the strap peg it looks like I see a block in there to hold the tremolo in place. It might be the tremolo block, it's hard to tell. If it's a block installed to hold the tremolo and stop movement it should be removed and repositioned.

The proper way to do that would be tighten the springs until the bridge sits flat against the guitar body, then install a similar block from the back side so it wedges the bridge in place. That's also the main thing I see causing string height problems, it's holding the bridge up at too high an angle to begin with, and the saddles might have already been set for a fairly high action.

I need to see a pic from the side also, it looks like the bridge is too high altogether, which would mean tightening the springs in back a bit. Fender factory specs say the bridge should be flat against the body in front, close to the pickup, and 1/8" off the body in back. that looks like a lot more than 1/8" from where I sit, so the springs may indeed need to be tightened.

But Lefty is basically right, that's not normally the way to adjust the action. This is one of those exceptions you see occasionally. Either it had a block wedging the bridge that high or the springs are too loose, letting it ride too high. Either way, it doesn't look good...

Can you get us a pic from the side, the view you have if you hold the guitar in playing position and look down at the bridge? And measure it at the back, if it's more than 1/8" we need to know that. We also need to know if that's a wood or plastic block wedged behind the bridge, or the tremolo block itself.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
It doesn't look to me like theres anything blocking off the trem. It looks like the Trem is not balanced with the strings causing the back of the trem to be raised by the silly amount it is. This will raise the height of the stings as a result as the trem itself is sitting higher than it should.

The first thing to do is to get the trem sitting correctly. You will want to take off the back plate and tighten the trem springs in the back cavity. To do this give the stings some slack and then tighten the springs in the back cavity a quarter to half turn then re tune and check the angle of the trem in relation to the guitars top. As Paleo Pete said you want the front of the trem where the screws that attach it to the body to be in contact with the body and the back of the trem to be raised by 1/8 of an inch. for those in metric land thats about 2mm more or less. just keep slackening strings and tightening the trem springs and retuning until the trem is in the desired position.

Of course if you dont require the use of the trem you could just tighten the springs all the way so the trem is in total contact with the body and then fill the gaps between the trem block and the guitars body with some carefully sized blocks of wood to give a bit more sustain and resonance.

Once your trem is in a better position you can then use an allen key to individually adjust the action of each string.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
It doesn't look to me like theres anything blocking off the trem. It looks like the Trem is not balanced with the strings...

That's why I asked for a pic from a different angle, I can't really tell, and I did point out that it could also be the tremolo block, and asked about that as well. It's really hard to tell from that pic. But it is obviously too high...

Oh, and the front of the bridge should be able to move, not tight against the body, just barely touching.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
This has nothing to do with intonation or the saddle screws. His bridge is simply sitting way way way too high. Loosenm the tension on your strings, take off the back plate and tighten those screws down, i'd say 2 full turns each to get that bridge sitting a lot lower than it is. A strat bridge is supposed to be BARELY off the body, that thing is damn near 1/2" off the body.
K Before i do anything with lowering it I want to put this other picture up the side PIC

There the side pic

some more

So mine is plastic
Last edited by Darkshowdo at Sep 10, 2007,
Like I said... Loosen in the strings some, then tighten the screws in the back, then loosen the strings some, and tighten the springs more. Just keep doing it until the bridge is low enough. Just make sure you tighten both screws the same exact amount each time.
O here some more pics under the back plater there only 3 springs some holes ( to put replacement cords in) and 2 screws..

You tighten the two screws on the claw that holds the three springs.

If that can't get it low enough, you will need to buy more springs.
So loosen my strings then Just tighten those screws in the back and it should drop the cords?
yep, don't completely loosen your strings, Only make them slightly slack so they don't snap when you tighten the bridge. Loosen the strings, tighten the springs, tune up and check your action. Just keep repeating until it's good.
wow just by loseing the cords it drop the Whole thing alot.... but know i need to tighten the screws to get it in tune still.
Right tighty Lefty loosey... Make sure you are turning them th right way. Also, just keep doing it and tuning them up. You have to get it back to tune and let it sit for a minute to check the action.
K so everything done so is tuneing and its sounds nice cords are some what easier to play...
If it's still too high, now you need to get an allen-key that fits the little screws on the bridge's saddles. You can lower them individually.
Well Everything is all nice cause Danzing mother now is a whole lot easier to play... Thx All
From that last photo the saddles are sitting way way too high. The playability of your guitar can get a whole lot better still if you lower the saddles with a hex/allen key.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso